Software Engineer, Quality and Assurance
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Software Test Engineer to join our growing Machine Learning Deployment Engineering team and build out the next generation of our analytics platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on software tester with experience in design, development and testing applications that run in cloud. The candidate must have strong, first-hand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and testing technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large and fast moving data. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
- Lead the System Integration and Testing activities of Multi-Tear Web Applications that get deployed in the Cloud.
- Define and report key test metrics for devOps.
- Develop and design a test plan that validates front-end elements, REST API, performance measurements and data quality.
- Participate in feature and design discussions.
- Experience in development of new products, develop ideas into products.
- Devoted to making products that people love to use.
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
- Participate in software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Provide support for ongoing maintenance enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Knows how to test high-quality, reliable applications that can handle enterprise scale.
- Ability to learn new technologies and support multiple products.
- Hands-on experience working with technologies like CloudFoundry, Kubernetes, Linux, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, GitHub.
- Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies like ansible, chef, puppet.
- Experience with test-driven development, Mocking and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We're looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience in B2B, has a BS degree in computer science or similar, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, GitHub, Artifactory, Jenkins, Mock frameworks, Junit.
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Nagios, Ganglia.
- Experience with testing APIs and services built using REST, SOAP.
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl, Shell, Groovy, python.
- Knowledge in Big Data Technologies like Hadoop, Kafka, Spark.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top