Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Software Engineer to join our growing Machine Learning Deployment Engineering team and build out the next generation of our platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms on an autonomous, empowered team. We're looking for someone with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science, and data products. They must have strong Java development experience and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development. Firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies would also be valuable. This is a research focused team, so your ability and desire to learn and apply new technologies will be key.
- Make products that people love to use.
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites for the code you write.
- Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
- Participate in software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- We're looking for a Java Developer with 3-5 years of experience in B2B, has a BS degree in computer science or similar, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Experience writing programs in Java is required.
- Versatility and desire to learn and apply new technologies is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Knows how to build high-quality, reliable applications that can handle enterprise scale.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for client facing role.
- Modern programming languages like Python and C++.
- Spring Framework, Redis, RDBMS, NoSQL a plus.
- Hadoop, Hive , Oozie, Map Reduce, Spark, Sqoop, Kafka, Flume, etc.
- DevOps with experience building and deploying to CloudFoundry, Docker, Kubernetes
- Infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Build automation technologies like Gradle, Jenkins, etc.
- Building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Scripting languages like Perl, Shell, Groovy, etc.
We also consider hands-on experience with any of the following valuable, though not required. We use the bolded items and you would be have a chance to learn them if you don't know them.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top