Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is looking for software engineers to join Agile XP development teams in building digital products to support the Allstate Roadside Services strategy. Your team will develop code all day, every day, on a full stack cloud platform using pivotal cloud foundry, leveraging test-driven development and continuous integration/delivery. Your team will work in a highly structured, paired programming environment to enable learning and maximize productivity. You will partner with Product Managers within Allstate Roadside Services to translate our product strategy into highly functional, modular, and high-performance code. This is a tremendous opportunity to lead the creation of next-generation technologies, capabilities, and products to set us apart from the competition. You and your team will be working in our new innovation hub in Charlotte, NC, which will provide the latest in modern equipment, spaces, and tools to help us accomplish this.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can help build digital products that will fundamentally change safety on the roadways and the way people interact with their cars.
- You love to code and you’re willing to fail fast and iterate to success.
- You’re ready to judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of your customers.
- You play well with others and have well developed communications skills. This is a paired programming environment so you have to be ready to be part of a team.
- You have experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies. If you are not interested in truly living in this world, it’s not going to work out.
- You are proficient in several programming languages. You will be pairing with developers and need to be able to understand code well enough to ask/answer good questions.
- You have a clear understanding of cloud services, deployment models and distributed systems.
3-5 years of software development experience (core language: Java) in an Agile environment, preferably using Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Strong Unit testing experience
- Experience with enterprise level, high-availability application development required
- Use object-oriented design (OOD) patterns for separation of concerns, code reusability, security and performance
- Experience in developing clean, well architected code
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments
- Comfortable working from the command-line (Bash, Ksh)
- Experience with Spring Boot Frameworks
- Strong mobile (native apps) experience (Android and/or iOS desired)
- Cloud computing (Cloud Foundry, Azure or AWS)
- Continuous integration and deployment such as Jenkins, Concourse CI and/or Gradle
- Source Control Management (preferably Git/GitHub)
- Database skills preferrable experience using Oracle or SQL Server.
- Data (SQL or similar query language) and data constructs (XML, JSON)
- Experience developing/consuming Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON), ETL jobs and APIs (Service-oriented architectures)
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies such as functional, SOA and performance testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top