Software Developer (remote working)
- Belfast, United Kingdom
At Allstate Northern Ireland, we believe it's more than just a job. We believe in allowing our people to choose the direction of their careers. It's about you, your future and where you want to get to.
Opportunity is the hallmark of the Allstate career experience. We invest heavily in our employees, offering long term career development, personal growth and investment in new technologies. Every day is different, with new ideas, challenges, and rewards - no matter which team you join.
We believe that inclusive diversity is crucial to creating a culture of mutual respect where the strengths and talents of each individual are recognised. We like to leave things better than we found them and deliver results. We do all of this while having fun and exploring personal passions.
Join our team and you'll find challenge and reward in a culture of innovation, support and balance.
Allstate operate a very flexible hybrid working model with a blend of remote and office working for NI based employees. Employees based in GB will be employed on a permanent remote working contract.
Your role in the team
The Data & Intelligent Systems (D&IS) group within Allstate is a world-class technology organization focused on enabling Allstate to become a leader in the technology and data space. Allstate is a world-class technology organization focused on becoming a leader in the technology and data space. We are looking for a highly skilled professional to join one of the most visible projects within the company: the Unstructured Data Platform.
80% of the world's data is in unstructured form; Allstate is looking to tap into the potential that processing and analyzing this data could unlock. This is a chance to be on the bleeding edge of technical innovation- using the latest and greatest technologies to drive business results.
Be a part of a team building out a highly scalable unstructured data platform which is already processing millions of unstructured objects a day. This role will have high visibility, great potential for growth, and a distinct opportunity to make a major impact within our industry.
- Use Java and Spring Boot to write enterprise services in a fast-past enterprise production team
- Integrate with and heavily utilize technologies like S3-based object stores, MongoDB, Spring Boot and Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Integrate with Kafka, Splunk and other messaging, logging, and monitoring technologies
- Create comprehensive unit, functional, performance, and integration test suites
- Write CI/CD scripts using Jenkins Pipelines
- Write comprehensive documentation
- Work closely with the DevOps team in order to integrate new services with our infrastructure
- Develop a deep understanding of the core components used within the platform and how these interfaces with other technologies within the company
- Quickly learn and adjust/supplement your skillset as new requirements come up
- Participate in production deployments and provide support when issues may arise
- Supports a clear communication strategy that keeps all relevant stakeholders informed and provides an opportunity to influence the direction of the work
- Trains and develops other engineers.
- All candidates must evidence an existing right to work in the UK
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a Software Developer
- Strong knowledge of Java required
- Hands on experience with Cloud Foundry
- Hands on experience with Docker
- Understanding or hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of AWS or another cloud provider
- Experience with event driven programming
- Hands on experience with CI/CD (Building pipelines would be a definite
- Extensive experience with the Spring framework, especially Spring MVC or Spring Boot
As Digital DNA's Workplace of the Year 2020 winners, we offer a generous benefits package that includes flexible annual leave entitlement, dental and healthcare insurance, an attractive pension package and discounts on gym memberships, public transport and parking.
Allstate invests heavily in your development, as an employee you will have access to multiple world-class learning platforms and courses from our award-winning in-house Learning & Development team.
We pride ourselves in providing clear career paths and opportunities for internal mobility allowing you to further develop within the organisation.
We encourage a better work life balance and you'll have the opportunity to apply for various flexible working arrangements.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 2nd July 2021
Back to top