Software Configuration Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are the Good Hands; we help people realize their hopes and dreams through products and services designed to protect them from life’s uncertainties and to prepare them for the future. Nearly every major Allstate project has a partnership with technology – a partnership that is imperative to the success of the organization. With the company’s size and related technology scale, job opportunities and career advancement paths in IT are abundant at Allstate. In order to maintain our place at the forefront of the technological landscape, Allstate needs to hire the best and the brightest talent – is that you?
Allstate is looking for top engineers to help build Development Operations practice for Product Technology DCIO. The DevOps Engineer works in a hands on technical environment interacting with multiple technologies and creating the best practices for DevOps. The individual will have a focus on DevOps and SCM responsibilities including support of IBM Ratuional tools such as ClearCase, ClearQuest as well as working on implementing a more modern suite of tools for DevOps practices including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) platform, migration to Github, Maven, Artifactory and other tools as required. The technician is responsible for the strategy and design of complex projects as well as execution of technical tasks, project planning and mentoring. Effective communication is important as this individual will be interfacing with different areas including technology, architecture and infrastructure services.
- Responsible for Software Configuration Management tasks
- Responsible for technical ecosystem within DevOps and CI/CD
- Responsible for migration to a modern toolset supporting Product Technology DCIO
- Responsible for performance tuning and scalability improvements of distributed applications
- Researching and evaluation of new tools and technologies to solve business problems
- Translates business concepts to technical implementations to drive alignment and decision making
- Work on an geographically dispersed team embracing Agile and DevOps strategies for themselves and others while driving adoption to enable greater technology and business value
- Participate in strategic planning discussions with technical and non-technical partners
- Effective and efficient utilization of programming tools and techniques
- Mentors others and continually develops themselves
- 5-8 years of hands-on Software Configuration Management (SCM) experience
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) concepts
- Experience with Cloudbees Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory
- Experience developing large-scale distributed applications
- Familiarity and comfort with participating in a high-performing geographically dispersed team
- Experience with source control solutions (Clearcase, github)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Open to new ideas and technologies with a strong desire to learn
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in a creative and innovative fashion
- Demonstrated experience with sound technical design and documentation
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog (XP, Continuous Integration and JIRA a plus)
- Hands-on experience developing and integrating with open source software platforms and languages
- Ability to research and document project design, approach and architecture
- Ability to engage subject matter experts and translate business goals into actionable solutions
- Ability to work effectively with business and technical teams
- Ability to identify and drive aligned technical direction with all stakeholders
- Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Works collaboratively with multiple areas and comfortable leading projects and mentoring others
- Insurance industry experience a plus
- Sound knowledge of Relational Databases (No-SQL databases is a plus)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top