SOC Analyst Level 3 (1st Shift)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Security Analyst (Level 3) will perform responsibilities as the technical lead and incident responder for Allstate's Security Operations Center (SOC), leading technical investigations for security incidents, overseeing process improvements, and driving implementation of new capabilities. Serve as a technical escalation resource for other SOC Analysts and provide mentoring for skill development. Partner with Security Engineers to implement and improve technology and process to enhance SOC monitoring, investigation, and response.
- Serve as an escalation resource and mentor for other analysts
- Perform investigation and escalation for complex or high severity security threats or incidents
- Work with SIEM Engineering and other security partners developing and refining correlation rules
- Work on complex tasks assigned by leadership, which may involve coordination of effort among Level 1/2 analysts
- Coordinate evidence/data gathering and documentation and review Security Incident reports
- Assist in defining and driving strategic initiatives
- Create and develop SOC processes and procedures working with Level 2 Analysts
- Provide recommendations for improvements to Allstate's Security Policy, Procedures, and Architecture based on operational insights
- Define and assist in creation of operational and executive reports
- Define tool requirements to improve SOC capabilities
- Provide leadership and technical guidance in project planning, task definition, estimating, reporting, scheduling, documentation, and workflow.
At least 10 years of technical experience in Information Security, System Administration, or Network Engineering with at least 5 years of experience in Information Security. Experience in Security Operations and Incident Response. Detailed practical knowledge of Internet protocols, firewalls, load balancers, routers, switches, intrusion detection/prevention systems. Ability to conduct multi-step breach and investigative analysis to trace the dynamic activities associated with advanced threats. Knowledge of configuration of firewalls, load balancers, routers, and switches. Advanced knowledge and expertise of using SIEM technologies for event investigation. College degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced event analysis leveraging SIEM tools
- Advanced incident investigation and response skill set
- Advanced log parsing and analysis skill set
- Advanced knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, network layers, Ethernet, ARP, etc)
- Advanced knowledge of current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc)
- Advanced knowledge of malware operation and indicators
- Advanced knowledge of penetration techniques
- Moderate to Advanced knowledge of DDoS mitigation techniques
- Moderate to Advanced knowledge or IDS/IPS systems
- Moderate to Advanced knowledge of Windows and Unix or Linux
- Moderate knowledge of Firewall and Proxy technology
- Moderate knowledge of Data Loss Prevention monitoring
- Moderate experience with scripting
- Moderate knowledge of forensic techniques
- Moderate protocol analysis experience (Wireshark, Gigastor, Netwitness, etc.)
- Moderate knowledge of audit requirements (PCI, HIPPA, SOX, etc.)
- Experienced in mentoring and training junior analysts
Security Certifications Preferred (Including but not limited to the following certifications):
- Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- Certified Intrusion Analyst (GIAC)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Expert Penetration Tester (CEPT)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Networking Certifications (CCNA, etc)
- Platform Certifications (Microsoft, Linux, Solaris, etc)
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top