Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Description and Responsiblities
Allstate is seeking a well-qualified, experienced and talented SharePoint Developer to join our Collaboration Services Team.
The SharePoint Developer will play a central role in the solution lifecycle including: responding to feature and configuration requests, designing solutions and envisioning follow up work. The Developer role will include software design, development, customization and integration. The SharePoint Developer understands company and departmental requirements to design and develop solutions where SharePoint is the designated solution.
The SharePoint Developer’s core responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Implementation and customization of SharePoint-based solutions for Collaboration portals, Enterprise Content Management, Workflows and Enterprise Search
- Document detailed design, functional and technical specifications in developing SharePoint solutions
- Provide thought leadership on best practices for solution design, with a thorough understanding of enterprise application integration including the use of business process and forms, enterprise search, business intelligence, collaboration services, collaborative document management, and portal interaction on mobile platforms
- Exhibit an understanding of SharePoint architecture and have the ability to design, deploy and support solutions in a shared services architecture
- Create and execute test plans to ensure quality and adherence to standards
- Develop, execute, and document procedures and standards adhering to SDLC best practices
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Troubleshoot technical issues, perform root cause analysis and take appropriate action to remediate issues
- Provide 3rd tier support to all areas of the business and will mentor, train and foster lower support tiers
- At least 4+ years hands-on SharePoint Development experience creating SharePoint features and solutions including web parts, master pages, custom page layouts, content types,workflows, and site templates
- Proficiency in SharePoint Site and Central Administration (configuring and managing SharePoint Services, site collection administration, site creation, feature configuration, etc.)
- Working knowledge of related technologies such as: SQL Server, Internet Information Server and Active Directory
- Proficiency in defining and maintaining Taxonomy Term Store(s), custom content types with the ability to create custom result sources, refiners and display templates for Enterprise SharePoint Search
- Experience with complete Software Development Life Cycle and iterative development methodologies such as Agile, with the ability to transform documented use cases into prototypes and finished solutions
- Experience with Azure and Office 365 development is a plus
- Strong communication, effective consulting, time management and analytical skills
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently with minimal supervision to achieve project milestones and deadlines
Education, Training or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- Microsoft Certifications are preferred
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top