ServiceNow Systems Admin/Developer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Looking to be part of an exciting new Agile or Scrum environment? This position is offered to an experienced Systems Admin/Developer who is eager to help drive automation of ITSM processes in a paired program setting. This position will also support the administration and overall health of the ServiceNow platform at Allstate Insurance Company.
The Role and Responsibilities
The eligible candidate will assist in delivering solutions with the highest possible value as part of the ServiceNow platform team at Allstate Insurance Company. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Clear communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Be able to work in a paired programming agile/scrum environment
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Deliver on commitments and be able to answer "how to" technical and application configuration questions.
- Participation in all aspects of ITSM, on-call rotation, be engaged in bi-monthly releases as well as bi-annual platform upgrades.
Required: (3+ years of experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Will consider relevant experience in lieu of technical degree (3+ years).
- Experience and strong knowledge of IT Service Management processes.
- Experience in the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and working knowledge of IT operations and architecture. ITIL foundations certification preferred.
- Experience in interfacing technologies such as REST, SOAP services, etc.
- Experience working with databases (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.).
- Experience in SaaS and/or Cloud Infrastructure Development.
- Usage of Microsoft O365 products, Pivotal Tracker, Slack.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
ServiceNow Specific Preferred Skills:
- Experience as a key technical resource for a large scale ServiceNow ITSM solution (Jakarta or Kingston versions) - ServiceNow Application Developer Certification
- Develop and modify ServiceNow workflows, forms, lists, business rules, UI components, web services, tables, menus, Client Scripts, UI Scripts, ACLs, UI Pages and Scripted REST APIs.
- Experience in customized portal web pages and widgets using Bootstrap and AngularJS.
- Experience with CMDB, Discovery, Service Mapping, Change, Data Certification, and other ITSM modules.
- Experience in integrating ServiceNow with third party software, activating plug-ins etc.
- Managing CMDB health by using Discovery (or equivalent methods) to support Assets and Configuration, Service dependency mapping and Governance.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top