Service Engineer-(Office 365)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Wanted: Passionate IT Professionals
If you are looking for an opportunity that will allow you to develop yourself professionally, look no further. Allstate values innovative thinkers - passionate leaders who are eager to learn and grow. We are looking for engineers who love and understand Cloud Computing, and provide enthusiasm, a good work ethic, and the ability to learn quickly.
Experienced O365 Exchange Engineer
This position is offered to an experienced (5-10 years) O365 Exchange engineer who is eager to help drive and support Allstate's complex migration to Microsoft O365 Exchange Online services via a hybrid configuration. The qualified individual will support existing core platforms, custom solutions in addition to creating and assisting with the design of new. Duties will also include supporting the core messaging team in its efforts to implement change, participate in break/fix and provide level three support to Allstate's 100k+ seat organization. The eligible candidate will participate in the team's on-call rotation and be engaged in multiple projects while mentoring junior engineers.
The ideal candidate will possess the following: good attitude, clear communication skills (both verbal and written), be a team player, a self-starter who is able to work independently, capable of multi-tasking, managing multiple complex tracks of work, deliver on commitments and be able to troubleshoot complex issues.
Core technical skills must include the following:
- Minimum 5 years of extensive knowledge and recent Exchange online and Active Directory/ADFS experience
- Hybrid Microsoft Exchange on Premise/Office 365 - Exchange Online
- 5 years extensive experience working in large complex environments, 100K seats
- Designing large enterprise-level solutions upon technical, application and business requirements
- Capacity planning, disaster recovery, performance tuning and testing, logical and physical architecture design
- Knowledge to develop and execute complex deployment scenarios
- Consulting to support hybrid platform solutions and platform rationalization
- 5 years extensive experience with PowerShell scripting required
- Environmental changes - consolidation, platform upgrades, and divestitures of Exchange, Office 365/Exchange Online, Skype and Active Directory platforms.
- Migrations from Exchange 2010 to Office365
- Deep Understanding of Legacy Public Folder and PST migration complexities.
- Exchange Online integration with 3 rd Party applications such as CRM solutions like SalesForce
- Hygiene solutions such as: Proofpoint, Ironport.
- MS Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Knowledge of MS security (Patch Management)
- Writing Technical & Support Documentation
Additional technical skills & experience desired:
- Microsoft Skype for Business on Premise / Online & other O365 products (Groups, Teams, Planner etc.)
- Express route and networking skills, DNS, Firewall
- Ability to work independently while mentoring junior engineers
- Strong written & verbal communications skills
- Project Management experience a plus
- Development of deployment and test plans.
- Experience working as a technical leader within an agile process/project-oriented organization.
- Methodical approach to problem solving and quick resolution.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
- The ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels in an organization; develop procedural documentation; develop and conduct effective presentations; effectively demonstrate products and solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, technical degree or equivalent experience
- Additional, current certifications in operating systems, databases and programming languages a plus
- Must Have Broad knowledge of latest Microsoft products and technologies
- Must be accustomed to executing scheduled weekend and after-hours changes
- Must be comfortable in responding to unplanned outages that may occur at any time
Must have a working knowledge of ITIL principles and working within release schedules
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top