Service Engineer - Entry Level (Irving, TX)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Service Engineer researches, designs, plans and maintains new or existing hardware and software technology components. You will utilizes systems, scripting and developer skills to execute tasks related to common hardware and software infrastructure analysis, integration, routine incident and problem resolution. This role also helps update items in the configuration management plan.
- Assist primary resource in executing one or more of the following activities (concerning new hardware and software infrastructure components or enhancements to existing components) - Research, analysis, selection, planning, and engineering.
- Develop collaborative skills and engage with other Service Engineers to ensure that the modified hardware and software interacts appropriately, data conversion impacts are considered, environments are developed and maintained and other areas of impact are addressed and meet business function and performance requirements.
- Assist primary resource in testing, debugging, performance analysis, and documenting hardware and software components.
- Execute the implementation of hardware and software components by analyzing the current system environment and infrastructure, using technical tools and utilities, and performing routine product customizations. May also assist in common and complex product customizations.
- Utilize tools for the use of maintaining, modifying and monitoring simple and/or routine hardware and software technology components.
- Execute supporting production service requests with guidance, performing routine administration, and supporting hardware and software.
- Execute routine hardware and software technical components analysis.
- Assist primary resource in efforts to ensure plans integrate effectively with other aspects of the technical hardware and software.
- Contribute to the development and update of the configuration management plan as directed.
- Assist primary resource in effort to determine the originating factors for a given incident and develop recommendations for preventing its repetition.
- Monitor daily use of the technical components to identify and escalate potential capacity pitfalls and deviations or substandard security performance.
- Resolve routine or common incidents and assist in root cause analysis and escalate more complex incidents and problems to provide future hardware and/or software resiliency.
- Assist in developing plans to meet required service levels; assist with designing data collection and reporting mechanisms for technical component health reporting.
Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline.
Outside the box thinker.
SQL experience will help!
Unix Shell Scripting
Expected Start Date May/June 2018
We are insurance. We are financial services. We are also so much more. We are lawyers, writers, web developers, accountants, building engineers, application developers, project managers and human resource specialists. We are creative, driven, passionate, fearless and curious. Our unique culture of inclusion helps us maximize innovation and creativity. We believe that welcoming differing ideas, cultures and backgrounds gives us a competitive advantage in a diverse, global marketplace. At Allstate, it's our differences that drive our success — as individuals and as a company. We celebrate creative problem-solving as we work together to make a difference in our communities. We believe in providing the very best tools and resources available to help keep our customers — and our employees — in Good Hands®.
Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn to find out for yourself... or hear from some of our employees in We Are Allstate
Benefits and Perks
- Pension plan plus 401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Mentoring programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid time off (with option to purchase additional days)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health and wellness benefits, including: nutrition/weight management, smoking cessation program, stress management, lifestyle coaching, financial resources, healthy choice/subsidized meals at corporate cafeterias, on-site fitness center / doctor / pharmacy / massages
- Corporate discount programs (insurance, automotive, childcare, mobile phone plans, fitness centers, retail)
- On-site services: convenience store, doctor, pharmacy
- Employee Resource Groups including Allstate Women's Information Network (AWIN), Professional Latino Allstate Network (PLAN), Allstate Asian American Network (3AN), Allstate Network of Gay and Lesbian Employees and Supporters (ANGLES), African American Working Network (AAWN), Young Professional Organization (YPO), Parents Working Together (PWT), Allstate Adoption Network (AAN) and Allstate Veterans Engagement Team and Supporters (AVETS)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top