Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As a member of the Middleware Platform Support team you will support key 'middleware' products and services in order to ensure their efficient delivery to Allstate's customers.
In your role as Service Engineer you will be involved in incident resolution, either through inbound tickets or Command Center calls, and the delivery of change execution and fulfillment tasks on behalf of our internal customers. You will execute routine to moderately complex tasks related to systems analysis and scripting, and you may also be required to assist the Senior Consultants in their efforts to research and plan the various maintenance activities associated with the team.
The Service Engineer position within Allstate Technology & Strategic Ventures is to support and maintain the enterprise middleware platforms using the TIBCO, Layer 7 and XCOM suite of technologies.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) -
- Completion of assigned tasks in one or more of the following activities: troubleshooting, analysis, fulfilment, change planning and change execution.
- Evaluation of logs and resolution of low to moderately complex incidents, and coordinating the escalation of more complex incidents.
- Identification of and assistance in the resolution of low to moderately complex problems, and coordinating the escalation of more complex problems in order to provide future resilience of technology components.
- Supporting and assisting with the testing, debugging, performance analysis and documentation of the hardware and software technology components associated with the enterprise.
- Investigating incident diagnosis and incident resolution.
- Understanding relevance of known problems and resolutions. Make recommendations for improvement.
- Documentation of incident resolution and posts to appropriate logs/knowledge base for future reference.
- Reviewing and supporting technical components for complex applications, monitoring high utilization of infrastructure components.
- Planning and executing ITIL activities for changes and enhancements.
- Effective communication with peers, business analysts, project managers, quality control, and other technology teams.
- Delivery of high quality documentation as needed.
- Analyze information systems processes and monitor key performance metrics; create standard performance reports.
- Monitor and evaluate availability and response times, identify variances between hardware and software technology components and security agreements.
- General support of a fully integrated, highly available operations environment.
College degree education or 2 years of experience; technology certification preferred (i.e. Windows 2xxx, Citrix, Storage, Hardware, ITIL, etc.). Moderate knowledge of Solaris/Linux with basic scripting skills.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top