Service Billing Associate Team Lead - ARS
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The ARS Service Billing oversees all Billing business operations setup, processes, billing functions relating to Wholesale and Retail Billing. It involves the responsibility of ensuring that billing operations are efficient in terms of resources, analysis and processes as needed, and effective in terms of meeting customer and business requirements.
This is the first line of management for non-exempt employees and the person in this role is expected to manage operational processes while also providing high-level analysis to leadership and other functional areas within the business unit. The role requires the ability to continuously develop process improvements as well as making judgment calls that puts people in front of policies without compromising the terms of service agreements. As the sensitivity to the needs of our internal clients continues to grow, this job entails an extensive amount of communication with Allstate employees at all levels and across several AOR's. With that, the position includes accountabilities that mirror many aspects of a Relationship Management role including P&L management and vendor management. Internal to ARS, this position requires an exceptional ability to understand and work in cohesion with IT, Call Center, Customer First, Network, and Payment Services.
- Oversight for billing approximately $50M annual revenue and an additional $40M in pass through loss/expenses
- Manage administrative duties pertaining to four (4) direct reports and six (6) contracted resources
- Deposit/reconcile incoming payments from check/wire payments pertaining to daily and monthly invoices
- Engage IT with system issues and partner with various BA's for resolution
- Partner with Call Center leadership to deliver on cost savings initiatives
- Escalate problematic/fraudulent tow providers to Network Management
- Direct/consult Payment Service's team on Secondary Tow provider payment issues
- Submit Revenue Accruals to Operational Accounting
- Submit Intercompany Expense Allocation to Cost Mgmt. for earned revenue pertaining to JJ Towing program
- Analyze data trends to determine priorities and manage work condition
- Administer access to a third party vendor website (T-Chek) required for Call Center Reps handling Secondary Tow
- Manages relationship with external vendor (T-Chek/EFS)
- Collaborate with relationship manager to drive process enhancements and achieve business goals
- Immediate oversight on check issuing and credit card processing
- Sets direct reports' objectives in order to support goals
- Manages team project and process implementation as well as dictates prioritization
- Negotiates conflict resolution and facilities cooperative relationships
- Manages internal and external business relationships
- Leads or consults on rigorous process improvement initiatives
- Minimum of a BA degree preferred
- Minimum two years of experience in a related field. Finance background preferred
- Outstanding consultative abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with internal teams as well as external vendors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capacity to assume more significant responsibilities over time
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills
- Inspire a positive team environment and motivate others to achieve better than expected results
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, prioritizes work condition to meet business needs
- Ability to influence others resulting in conflict resolution, problem solving and alignment
- Independent thinker with a strong team mindset
- Ability to establish workflow, delegate responsibility, and allocate human capital to accomplish organizational objectives
- Advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills
- Multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top