Senior Visual Designer: Mobile Apps
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate's growing User Experience and Design Group is looking for a Senior Visual Designer who specializes in native iOS and Android Applications. We are looking for someone wants to do innovative, award-winning work in a flexible, fun, caring environment where they are treated with respect.
As a Senior Visual Designer, you will work on diverse digital initiatives within Allstate Mobile and be responsible for the essence of the brand and library of native components. Your in-depth understanding of visual design principles and desire to push conceptual thinking and the latest design and technology trends will be critical in creating experiences that meet the needs of consumers on an emotional level.
- Design beautiful and smart native mobile solutions that delight our agents and customers
- Understand and interpret brand, user and business needs, in order to develop innovative, creative and results-oriented digital solutions
- Partner with UX Architects, Copywriters, Researchers and Technology team members to ensure design follows best practices, optimizes messaging and is technically feasible?
- Work on large-scale mobile applications while juggling multiple stakeholder initiatives?
- Be an engaging and effective communicator of ideas
- Inspire others with your enthusiasm and work ethic
- Brainstorm big ideas in a group setting and express your opinion
- Ensure design consistency and quality across multiple digital channels
- Maintain relevancy in the field by monitoring digital trends, attending workshops and joining professional groups
- Strong, smart and beautiful portfolio demonstrating expertise in concept, design and visual hierarchy concerning native mobile experiences
- BFA or BA in related field, or equivalent work experience, or digital UI/UX bootcamp certification (focused on Visual).
- 5+ years of visual design experience in a collaborative environment
- Proven ability to work within brand and native guidelines to create compelling visual solutions
- Proficient with a wide range of design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision and/or Zeplin
- Ability to work effectively from information architecture and translate wireframes into modular, consistent, and usable designs.
- Understanding of capabilities and limitations of mobile specific technologies (you will not be expected to code)
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Highly motivated, positive and a passionate team player
- Working knowledge of Sketch and InVision or the strong desire to learn.
- UX or Human Factors training
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of mobile grid systems and the differences between Android and iOS components.
- Strong affinity for iOS and Android Interface Guidelines.
- Strong understanding of digital typography, typographic hierarchy, and native styles.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top