Senior User Experience Architect (Knowledge Management)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
THIS POSITION WILL PRIMARILY BE LOCATED IN OUR CHARLOTTE OFFICE
The User Experience & Design (UXD) organization is a multi-disciplinary service organization that designs user interactions and experiences through systems and services that provide an overall positive, engaging, and productive experience. The organization is comprised of UX Architects, Visual Designers, Creative Technologists, Product Designers, and Copywriters who come together to produce delightful experiences.
UX Architects are responsible for applying knowledge of user-centered design methods, human-computer interaction and industry best practices to drive useful and usable interface design solutions.
A Senior UX Architect leads the information architecture and interaction design of complex initiatives by applying knowledge of human capabilities, technology, design best practices and standards to create usable, useful and relevant end-to-end user experiences. This person will serve as the steward for the overall information architecture and interaction model while championing ideas and designs that improve business results and exceed end user needs.
User Experience Architects are multi-faceted and possess proficiency in more than one UX discipline: Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Product Strategy, Experience Strategy and User Research. User Experience Architects are responsible for defining and delivering experiences that are engaging, usable, useful, and solve a true customer need. This person will work focus on an enterprise-wide knowledge management initiative with product managers, developers, stakeholders, and other UX practitioners.
- Partner directly with other UX practitioners currently working on experiences in the customer service space
- Work very closely with product managers to assess and prioritize strategic opportunities in an agile development environment
- Ability to design & envision future experiences iteratively in a dynamic environment by being mindful of how the experience needs to evolve over time
- Use design thinking methods to iterate through concepts that can be tested and validated with users
- Leverage data and user feedback to drive and influence design decisions
- Depending on needs of a project, provide wireframes, user flow diagrams, prototypes, and other interactive designs
- Be open to feedback and engage in active listening
- Work collaboratively with other UXD practitioners (UX Architects, Visual Designers, Creative Technologists, Content Strategist), Technologist, and management, on interaction design principles and best practices
- Motivated to continuously learn new skills and capabilities by monitoring consumer trends, attending workshops, joining professional groups and mentoring others in UX design methodologies
- 5+ years as a UX designer in highly collaborative environments
- Bachelor's degree or higher in: Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction Design, Information Sciences, Psychology, Human Factors, and/or Computer Science
- Experience in building software (not websites) in an agile environment
- Extremely passionate & knowledgeable about Interaction Design & Information Architecture as a discipline
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Proficient in Sketch, Axure, Zeplin, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, or other design tools
- Understands the constraints of technology platforms: Native Mobile, Responsive Web, and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Ability to communicate and present concepts both verbally and visually
- Must be able to share work that conveys depth and breadth of previous design work
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top