Senior Splunk Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Senior Splunk Content Engineer will be a key member of the Allstate Cyber Security Operations team providing technical leadership and expertise to the security organization.
• Provide thought leadership for all design, implementation, and maintenance activities related to Splunk ES.
• Create, optimize, and continuously evaluate security monitoring content (correlated searches/alerts) on Splunk ES.
• Design and create new detection techniques and improve existing ones.
• Identify gaps in existing security capabilities. Recommend and assist in technology evaluations and implementations to close the gaps.
• Design and implement Amazon AWS monitoring solution. This role will serve as the AWS subject matter expert for the monitoring team.
• Plan and lead large security projects and initiatives. The candidate is expected to work with all areas of Information Services, business units, and other partners on enterprise scale projects and initiatives.
• Minimum 3+ years of Splunk ES or other SIEM solutions. The candidate must have experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining a fully operating SIEM solution.
• Strong technical knowledge of Amazon AWS products and services, such as EC2, BeanStalk, Lambda, VPC, Route53, Amazon FW, API Gateway, ELB, CloudTrail, CloudFront, and etc.
• Strong knowledge of information security concepts, trends, and practices
• Working knowledge of various network and security systems
• Familiarity with basic statistics/probability and Big Data analytics techniques such as SVM, logistics regression, Kmeans, and Naives Bayes.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top