Senior Splunk Content Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
In addtion to our new office location in the Charlotte RailYard, we are open to qualified individuals who are local (or willing to relocate) to our home office location in Northbrook, IL.
The Senior Splunk Content Engineer will be a key member of the SIEM and Content Engineering team providing technical leadership and expertise to Allstate's Cyber Security Operations Center.
- Provide thought leadership for all design, implementation, and maintenance activities related to the SIEM and IDS/IPS platforms.
- Create, optimize, and continuously evaluate security monitoring content on the SIEM and IDS/IPS platforms.
- Design and create new detection techniques and improve existing ones.
- Identify gaps in existing security capabilities.
- Recommend and assist in technology evaluations and implementations.
- Plan and lead large security projects and initiatives working with all areas of Information Services, business units, and other partners.
- Minimum 3+ years of Splunk ES or other SIEM solutions with experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining a fully operating SIEM solution.
- Strong knowledge of information security concepts, trends, and practices.
- Working knowledge of various network and security systems.
- Familiarity with basic statistics/probability and Big Data analytics techniques.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top