Senior Project Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Data, Discovery and Decision Science (D3) department leverages data & analytics to help the enterprise understand the best course of action to deliver on our corporate priorities, improve our business processes to gain operational efficiency and better equip our agencies and employees with the tools and insights necessary to better serve our customers, and live into our customer value proposition. Data and Analytics are increasingly important across industries - be a part of Allstate's ongoing transformation into a data-driven, customer-centric organization.
The D3 Project Management job family is accountable for improved business results by providing enhanced decision making support and execution excellence. Individuals in this job family work closely with product owners, data scientists, data engineers, technology, PMO, as well as, business sponsors, and other SME's to deliver projects on time, within budget and with quality.
The D3 Project Management Consultant is responsible for managing and contributing to a wide range of projects in a research environment that primarily uses Agile methodologies. Responsibilities include managing moderate-to-large complexity projects across internal and external teams, with focus on data and predictive analytics to achieve business results. Projects are highly technical in nature, and range from large portfolios dedicated to foundational analytical tools and platforms being delivered across the enterprise, to individual business unit solutions catered for a specific capability. Teams operate using continuous test and learn strategies, embracing Agile framework and concepts. This individual may also own unique problem solving assignments, as it relates to improving governance, reporting, project management processes, and general operations.
- Manage assigned projects from end-to-end, including oversight and tracking of requirements/user stories, timelines/sprint planning, risks, and deliverables (either waterfall, Agile, or hybrid)
- Provide regular reporting on project activities, progress against timeline or plan, and budget, which will be tracked and gathered for broader portfolio reporting purposes
- Manage assigned mini-programs from end-to-end, including oversight and tracking of budget and issues for related projects
- Work with technology to resolve execution issues, questioning and considering the implications of decisions and recommendations
- Consult with Business SME's to determine resolution of business issues that impact project scope, cost or quality, ensuring understanding of technical matters by non-technical, executive decision makers
- Assistance with creating and monitoring adherence to project management and Agile methodology standards. This includes managing issues, escalation of critical items, identification of dependencies, helping teams to adopt sprint planning & backlog refinement, estimation and measurement, and overall frequent project communication to all stakeholders.
- Determine key stakeholders and determine appropriate communication plan based on project need and stakeholder requests; develop and communicate project details re: cost, scope, quality to all impacted areas (i.e. regions, agencies, customers).
- Assists with implementation of process/workflow solutions and improvements; take on problem-solving assignments as needed.
- Responsible for some on-boarding and mentoring others on project management and Agile practices
- Analyze implementation options to meet business needs, including pros/cons of each option and provide recommendations to leadership/business partners, and implement selected option
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; technical aptitude preferred
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience; prior insurance industry experience preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Intermediate process management skills
- Intermediate decision making skills
- Good communication skills (written/verbal)
- Strong time and project management skills, Agile methodology experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail, able to follow processes
- Ability to work with technical teams, and also cross-functionally across different locations (virtually)
- Flexible, can adapt to different situations and audiences
- Intermediate change management skills, ability to influence others to adopt Agile methodology (Agile Transformation)
- Can operate in undefined, unstructured teams but able to navigate independently when needed
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top