Senior Program Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Allstate Digital Ventures (ADV) team within Innovations provides strategic direction and creation of cybersecurity products. ADV identifies, designs and utilizes strategic processing solutions and technology to enable an evolving collection of capabilities to address our business objectives.
ADV will help enable all consumers to "love your digital life" through technology products and services which eliminate worries, improve convenience, and enhance the quality of online life - while expanding Allstate's reach into new markets.
The ADV Business team is looking to grow its capability and capacity to operationalize new digital consumer services. This new business team is looking for a talented, experienced Senior Program Manager to help build a high functioning team that can support delivery of digital products via multiple channels, with focus on business analytics, risk management and customer service.
The Allstate Digital Ventures Senior Program Manager will be responsible for leading the program management functions for a large-scale mobile and web-based software product development program. These efforts will include driving schedule creation and tracking, issue/risk identification and mitigation, resource/budget tracking, and executive-level communication for software feature development, marketing programs, and other business-related projects. Key work partners will include members in Product Management, Technology, Marketing and Communications, Operations, and external vendors. This role may lead a team of general and technical program managers and will be expected to grow program management skill competencies within team members in the larger organization.
- Lead program management for the product, including efforts up to commercial launch and subsequent new feature and maintenance updates.
- Drive definition and scheduling of project goals, milestones, deliverables, and dependencies across functions. Follow with progress tracking and issue resolution plans to ensure on-time completion with high quality.
- Provide frequent communication on project activities, progress against plan, critical program risks and issues, and budget. Communication may include C-level program updates.
- Mentoring technical and business leads on program management skills.
- Develop strong relationships with key team members
- Education: Bachelor's degree; technical degree preferred.
- Experience: At least 7 years of management experience, of which at least 5 years have been in a program management role. Prior experience in managing a software product development program highly preferred.
- Project Management Professional certification preferred.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with technical and business teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of communicating effectively in high-level executive environments.
- At least intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Prior experience in Agile-based product development programs a plus, including use of Jira and Confluence tools.
- Strong time and task management skills.
Level Guide: Please refer to the Allstate Level Guide on MyHR Knowledge
Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top