Senior Pricing Analyst, Investments
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Investments Pricing team is responsible for performing timely and accurate pricing operations, analysis, and external and internal reporting of The Allstate Corporation's Investments Portfolio.
The Pricing & Valuation Sr. Consultant is responsible for executing moderately complex to complex day to day activities of the Pricing and Valuation team and performance of procedures and internal controls that appropriately mitigate operational risks. The role also includes training and supervision of less experienced employees. The Pricing & Valuation Sr. Consultant is expected to manage their assignments based on prioritization and direction, and raise issues as appropriate. They should have an advanced understanding of pricing and valuation concepts and methodologies for a diverse set of investments and securities and the associated external reporting requirements related to pricing and valuation.
- Execute daily, monthly and quarterly pricing activities of moderately to high complexity consistent with approved policies and documented procedures for Allstate's investment portfolio.
- Prepare and maintain on-going documentation efforts with regard to valuation policies and associated internal controls, processes and results.
- Act as a key contact for special projects impacting Pricing and Valuation
- Train new employees and review the work of others
- Coordinate various external/internal audit and compliance requests
- Participate in the development of new valuation processes and controls for new security types
- Communicate with valuation service providers to resolve unpriced securities or prices outside of tolerances
- Assist in documenting and communicating valuation results to the Valuation and Pricing Committee
- Prepare assigned GAAP and STAT schedules related to fair value, as applicable
- Interact with other organizational areas to integrate and streamline applicable valuation processes.
- Own and be accountable for execution of responsibilities
- Promote team culture and positively motivate colleagues to achieve optimal team performance
- Identify and execute process improvements
- Work collaboratively within the team and across the department to resolve data anomalies and research issues
- Help coordinate and participate in team projects, assignments and team responsibilities such as continual process improvements and strengthening of controls
- Act as a Watchlist virtual team member for one or more asset types
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting or relevant experience
- 3-5 years financial and/or pricing/valuation experience, accounting or internal management reporting experience, preferably in the Investments or Financial Services industries.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Suite skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top