Senior Paralegal - Northbrook
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This position is part of the eDiscovery unit within the Law and Regulation Department. This position will act as an internal consultant and provide hands-on support to attorneys and legal staff in the development implementation and support of efficient, cost-effective discovery processes. Among other responsibilities, the Paralegal will advise and consult with legal teams to identify and implement best practices and procedures for the identification, preservation, collection, analysis, processing, review, and production of paper and electronic discovery materials. The Paralegal will serve as a liaison between the legal team, IT personnel, vendors and records management personnel.
Key skills for this position include:
- Quick learner, self-starter, and works well in a team environment
- In-depth understanding and experience with the litigation lifecycle, litigation technology, and electronic discovery
- Proficient in Relativity
- Proficient in specific discovery tasks such drafting litigation holds, devising search terms, and establishing document review protocols
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work and organize own time
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects with consistently high quality results
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to develop processes to create consistency and efficiencies within the team
- Ability to identify and recommend opportunities for process improvements
- Ability to train and lead routine work processes
- Exposure to sensitive information requiring the use of tact and judgment
- Four year degree AND Paralegal Certificate
- Possesses 2-5 years related work experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top