Senior Operations Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Allstate Digital Ventures (ADV) team within Innovations provides strategic direction and creation of cybersecurity products. ADV identifies, designs and utilizes strategic processing solutions and technology to enable an evolving collection of capabilities to address our business objectives.
ADV will help enable all consumers to "love your digital life" through technology products and services which eliminate worries, improve convenience, and enhance the quality of online life - while expanding Allstate's reach into new markets.
The ADV Business team is looking to grow its capability and capacity to operationalize new digital consumer services. This new business team is looking for a talented, experienced Senior Operations Manager to help build a high functioning team that can support delivery of digital products via multiple channels, with focus on business analytics, risk management and customer service.
- Serve as a self- motivated Senior Business Operations Manager to build out new services opportunities and launching new business offerings across multiple channel types.
- Work strategically but can also roll up your sleeves and drive new programs across the line with detail and rigor garnering the support of ADV and Allstate's various shared services teams.
- Demonstrate a compelling understanding of data. You bring a clear point of view based on experience - but loosely held - what you believe shifts in light of new data. You effectively balance entrenched experience with new insights. You have deep experience helping businesses extract useful data from various systems in order to inform business analysis and decision making.
- You know how to get things done. You can work strategically, but can also roll up your sleeves and drive new programs across the line with detail and rigor garnering the support of ADV and Allstate's various shared services teams.
- Bring clarity out of chaos's thinker-help clear the fog, synthesize dozens of bits of insights and weave together a coherent, winning proposal that captures the best of the ecosystem around Allstate, and best utilities the strengths of ADV and Allstate
- Possess a growth mindset-ability to see mature, curious, resilient and can take a long view. Manage the full lifecycle in order to extract its greatest value
- Provide an objective focus on execution and integration of ADV's priorities, while managing expectations and successful outcomes
- Mentor and manage junior managers and teammates in order to leverage their strengths
- Maximize talent through informing and influencing the department's talent strategy and consistently leverage talent management systems and best practices
- 12 yrs or more of Business Operations experience
- BA in Business, Marketing or related area of study; a MBA is a plus.
- Commited to development and improvement (of self and others) and to the achievement of business results
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills - manage through ambiguity, shifting timelines, resources constraints and limitations while executing concurrent priories and balancing tactical and strategic points-of-view
- Effective communication skills across multiple levels and mediums
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so classified.
Level Guide: Please refer to the Allstate Level Guide on MyHR Knowledge
Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top