Senior MIS Consultant, Investment Business Intelligence
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The MIS Analyst is part of an effort within the Investments organization to create a Data and Reporting center of excellence by consolidating existing reporting, driving process efficiency, and defining best processes. The MIS analyst will play a critical role in building the requisite process and tools to meet these objectives.
- Responsible for writing complex queries to combine data from multiple data sources
- Building highly customized management and investment decision support tools and reporting
- Understanding reporting requirements by soliciting various members of Investments front office
- Supporting existing daily processes (ETL, report production)
- Data analysis to ensure accuracy of information
- Support for ad hoc analyses from the front office and team members
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of related experience
- Proficiency in building complex SQL queries and working in MS SQL Server or Oracle
- Understanding of basic data management principles and relational database design
- Experience using reporting tools, such as SAP Crystal Reports, MicroStrategy, and Tableau
- Experience using ETL tools such as SSIS or Alteryx
- Experience with tools such as R or Python
- Understanding of SharePoint, possibly SharePoint Designer
- Understanding of Hadoop (HFDS)
- Familiarity with BlackRock Aladdin
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top