Senior Manager, Unified Customer View
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The role of the Unified Customer View (UCV), Senior Manager is to lead an organization within the Allstate Technology & Strategic Ventures (ATSV) Department. At this level, the manager sets the strategic direction for their organization in support of the business objectives of the company, ensuring the structures and processes needed to effectively deliver the mission of their organization are in place. They create a work environment that enables their employees to be their best and deliver on their accountabilities. They are personally accountable for leading organizational change, delivering business results by working across the organization and development of employees. They demonstrate a high level of influence within their own organization, with their business partners, peer leaders and senior leaders. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an growing area at Allstate. The Unified Customer View is Allstate's Master Data Management (MDM) platform for Customer Information. This leadership role is responsible for the operations, production support, infrastructure and user adoption of Customer MDM services and platform.
Internal Solutions Delivery & Operational Excellence
- Technology Tools/Platforms, Environment, Uptime, Release Mgmt., Production Support
- Champion of DevOps strategy and direction
External Solutions Delivery & Operational Excellence
- Integrated Customer Servoces (ICS) Application/System Delivery, Transformation, Financial/Vendor Management
- Intake/Prioritization/Capacity Management
- Ownership of ICS Applications and Deliverables
- Accountable for the successful delivery of non-UCV Product based services/systems/applications
- Act as key technology contact to establish relationships with prospective partners and influences leadership decisions and outcomes
- Lead new delivery initiatives to expand Allstate's opportunity to grow and optimize investments
- Provide ICS stakeholders with transparency into technology considerations
- Identify and drive improvement and innovation across ICS to increase operational efficiencies
- Work with peers to set the overall strategic direction for the organization, ensuring a cohesive product suite across the organization to meet business objectives
- Develop the technology strategy and implementation approach for moving ICS services and systems to a Product-based approach
- Collaborate and coordinate with UCV Product Suite owner to enhance the UCV suite to include features and capabilities from the ICS environment to form a comprehensive platform
- Drive organizational change
- Partner with DevOps champion to ensure a cohesive approach organization-wide
- Champion efforts for branding/marketing the organization throughout the Allstate Enterprise
People / Department Management
- Accountable for Delivery of Committed Work
- Lead and manage personnel of varying skill levels and cross-functional background to ensure system/application delivery commitments are met with high quality and customer satisfaction
- Influence direct reports, clients, service providers and peers to successfully deliver on business commitments and ensure delivered work achieves expected business outcomes
- Directs and is responsible for work that needs to be performed by teams and their direct reports
- Sets priorities, defines dependencies, schedules activities and organizes work
- Provide thought leadership to junior team members in the adoption of strategic principles
- Prioritize and enhance new and existing practices to ensure alignment to strategy
Financial and Vendor Management
- Take ownership/accountability of organization-wide financial and vendor management
- Primary point of contact with ATSV Finance, and PMO partners to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Responsible for centralizing SOWs and ensuring accuracy of invoices with ATSV Finance
- Develops and maintains organization-wide contractor management process including any required transition plans relating to on/off boarding of contract resources
- Supports leadership's effort to develop and negotiate contracts with potential strategic partners and vendors
- Conducts research on potential partners, identifying risks and issues, and ensuring the contract protects Allstate's brand and intellectual property
- Take ownership/accountability of organization-wide demand intake and resource capacity management processes
- Work with peers to ensure resource supply/demand is balanced across efforts and the organization is fully utilized.
A Bachelors Degree is required. 10+ years of management experience; should include accountability for all aspects of leading an organization including people processes, client/partner relationships, work processes and delivery of work products.
Familiarity with the following technologies is required:
- IBM Infosphere Master Data Management
- Layer 7
- Pitney Bowes
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top