Senior Manager, Underwriting Technology Transformation
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- Develop and lead the software product teams through transformational change while delivering results and supporting the strategic and operational objectives of the Underwriting Transformation Vision and Roadmap.
- Lead strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing initiatives, standardizing software products, and enabling tools development for strong data analytics.
- Provide leadership and oversight for design, architecture, security, technology selection, governance etc.
- Consistently deliver quality services and enable continuous delivery of business capabilities within expected timeframes and on budget.
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Deploy modern core services including migration to cloud based or SaaS services where appropriate.
- Develop and manage budget for the Underwriting Technology Team.
- Builds and maintains relationships with all levels of employees by creating an environment of safety and innovation within their organization and across peer groups
- Identifies and proactively removes barriers to cooperative effort between teams and departments
- Models and creates an environment of accountability for their organization, peer groups and leaders by setting clear performance objectives in support of business outcomes
- Leads the process of establishing vision, direction and specific objectives for the organization
- Serves as a role model for personal development, incorporating 360-degree performance feedback. Maintains organizational focus on talent development.
- Identifies and leads change in the organization in alignment with broader organizational change initiatives. Uses personal influence to enlist employees and peers in implementing change.
- Leads globally across multiple locations and time zones creating a strong virtual team that operates under a common direction
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences / Information Technology / MIS or its equivalent
- Master's degree is a plus
- 10+ years of experience leading or managing development teams with skills in the following categories:
- J2E, PCF, Python Technologies
- COTS, Rules Engine
- Cloud development and migration
- Restful API's
- Database Services - Oracle, MySQL
- Any prior experience in Digital Transformation is a plus
- Broad architecture, process and transformation implementation experience
- Experienced in leading transformation initiatives
- Enterprise Agile implementation experience is a plus
- Experienced in leading a team of senior consultants and/or managers, working effectively within a matrix organization
- Demonstrated aptitude and passion for learning new technologies.
- Demonstrated leadership in program governance and adherence to key project management disciplines to maintain timeliness and budget integrity.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to attract, retain and develop talent.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top