Senior Manager, Finance - Allstate Roadside Services
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Protection Finance works across multiple areas to provide critical information that drives optimal business performance. We recommend innovative solutions that guide strategies and improve operational results. Our work includes timely reporting, critical analysis and essential financial projections as we interface with business leaders across the corporation.
- Serve as independent business advisor, conduit of financial information and significantly influence future strategy of the Business Unit for success (short and long term)
- Implements strategic change through managers and others by delivering perspectives on the business that include recommendations for action
- Provides leadership in developing and achieving Business Unit priorities and plans based on sound, compelling financial insights, consideration of risks and implications to growth/profit
- Leads collaborative dialogue across Business Units on priorities and initiatives
- Maximizes individual and team capabilities and builds talent pipeline of future organizational leaders
- Provides leadership to influence the department talent strategy that results in maximum utilization of talent management systems and best practice proliferation
- Provide financial leadership and consultation in the areas of forecasting, planning, strategic planning, measurement, business case development, capital management and internal controls
- Provide an objective focus on execution and integration of Business Unit priorities, while managing expectations and successful outcomes
- Leverage internal and external networks to increase Business Unit's success in achieving desired objectives
- Partner with the Director/Officer in the identification and execution of strategic approaches towards financial processes and methodologies (e.g., planning, reporting), customer service, overall team management and talent management
- Lead team members to ensure team efficiency and effectiveness (e.g., conflict/problem resolution, process/system improvements, resource procurement, supportive environment)
- Maximize talent through informing and influencing the department talent strategy and consistently leveraging talent management systems and best practices
- nsure Protection Finance's credibility and reputation of high quality (accurate, timely, relevant) financial measurement, reporting, planning and consulting
- High-level knowledge of general corporate finance
- Demonstrated depth and breadth of analytical expertise
- Knowledge of management/statutory accounting principles and general audit procedures
- Expertise in planning, forecasting and expense budgeting
- Deep understanding of how to drive shareholder value and returns through operational action
- Ability to serve as a trusted business partner with the ability to develop deep client-base and peer group relationships, influence and negotiate
- Ability to stay grounded and focused in the face of adversity, challenge, ambiguity and change
- Willingness to take calculated risks
- Independent thinker, with a strong team mindset
- Commited to development and improvement (of self and others) and to the achievement of business results
- Inspire a positive team environment and motivate others to achieve better than expected results
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills - manage through ambiguity, shifting timelines, resources constraints and limitations while executing concurrent priories and balancing tactical and strategic points-of-view
- Effective communication skills across multiple levels and mediums
- Demonstrated experience in talent and people management – screen/interview candidates, deliver/document performance feedback, manage/address performance issues, identify High Potential talent, and recommend promotions
- BA or BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics or related area of study
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top