Senior Manager, Data Science & Analytics - Encompass Sales
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- 5+ years leading operations strategy, or similar work, within complex environments strongly preferred
- 2-3 years of people management preferred
- Experience managing people in a geographically dispersed, matrixed environment a plus
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment with ability to manage both internal and external resources
- 10+ years of experience in a data and/or analytic related function
- Advanced experience in data science, predictive modeling, and building and analyzing large databases in the Hadoop environment required. This could be hands-on or as a manager of strategic teams and initiatives.
- Agile experience preferred
- Experience with Python and R preferred
- Experience with the Hadoop environment including Hive, Spark, and Sqoop preferred.
- Ability to develop and/or revise tactics to support changing business strategies and direction
- Ability to work with broad parameters in complex situations
- Advanced understanding of enterprise business units
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage and coach others
- Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Decision making capabilities including problem solving approaches, decision frameworks; ability to design and lead complex analysis
- Expert ability to persuasively advocate a position and build momentum for change and action
- Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage both internal and external resources
- Ability to lead, coach, and develop staff, particularly in the areas of strategy and leadership
- Ability to inspire trust and influence management
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent
Master's or PhD preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top