Senior Manager, Customer Communications
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As the Senior Manager of the Customer 1:1 Communications Team, you will "put the customer at the center" to drive improved communications, a better customer experience and customer loyalty. You will lead a team of internal account managers, writers and external agency partners to fix, reduce, rewrite/redesign Allstate customer transactional communications, pushing for simplification and greater personalization via data. The position will also partner across Marketing, and with Customer Experience and Strategic Deployment to identify ideal customer experiences and implement customer-based programs that differentiate Allstate. This is a bonus-level position reporting directly to the Director of Customer Relationship Marketing. As the team leader, you will set the vision and motivate your team to modernize the Allstate brand overall, collaborate cross-functionally and be a member of the Customer Marketing leadership team. The leader in this role should be highly collaborative, a direct marketing expert, solutions-oriented and comfortable consulting on technical projects and working with data to deliver personalized, one-to-one communications. A well-qualified candidate will possess the following skills:
- Integrated marketing communications planning, development and implementation
- With experience in developing business transactional customer communications
- Across a wide range of formats – direct mail, email, text, digital banners/display, etc.
- Direct marketing campaign management with positive results
- Management of external agency partners and/or internal creative services
- Able to translate biz strategies into customer-centric messages/marketing strategies
- Influential and motivational across stakeholders and as a team leader
- Strategic and analytic skills, business judgment
- Solution-oriented, remains flexible in times of change
- Naturally curious about business challenges, implications & results
- Passionate about marketing communications and the customer
- Program leadership and capacity to lead team to manage multiple projects
- Use data strategically to optimize messaging plans and deliver on personalization
- Knowledgeable in ideating and identifying ideal customer/brand experiences
- Oversight of technology projects and UX design that impact marketing
- Lead the conversion of Allstate customer transactional communications to modernize the Brand inclusive of: Reducing and redesigning/rewriting customer communications, developing a conversion scorecard, and defining how data can be leveraged for even greater personalization
- Develop and deliver integrated communications plans against customer preferences and behaviors across a wide variety of formats to drive loyalty – i.e. direct mail, email, text, in app and display (as necessary to customer)
- Partner with Customer Experience and Strategic Deployment to ideate, define the strategy for and implement new programs to improve customer experience/s at key transactional moments
- Support the launch of new Allstate products by identifying transactional communications journeys and triggers for innovations such as Drivewise, Milewise and more
- Act as leadership point of contact for customer transactional communications across business units; working collaboratively with Product Marketing, Claims, Product Operations, Billing, Allstate Technology and UX plus a variety of stakeholders
- Drive team to leverage data to measure, track, and refine communications programs
- Motivate team of six to be high performers, oversight of program budgets and external agency resources
- Identify plan for in-language delivery of experiences and messaging, focus on Spanish
- A minimum of 10 years of marketing experience, with 4 years specialized in direct marketing
- Prefer both client-side and agency-side marketing experience
- Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- College degree required – BA MBA a plus, but not required
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or Integrated Marketing Communications a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top