Senior Manager - Architecture
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- Provide technical and professional leadership over large or complex initiatives where multiple architectural disciplines are involved. Execute governance over solutions developed by architects.
- Consult on the application of reference architectures and serve as subject matter expert with contextual knowledge of the business model.
- Provide thought leadership, innovative ideas, and drive toward partnership at the table.
- Collaborate with clients and partners to define technology migration strategies and approaches.
- Influence clients and partners to prioritize for enterprise benefit and risk reduction and adopt technology solutions that leverage existing patterns, practices and reference architectures.
- Leverage internal and external benchmarking of emerging technologies, industry innovations, and competitor technology positioning trends to define new or refresh existing strategic architectures.
- Identify and manage risks, opportunities, compliance issues or other architectural concerns.
- Work with strategic vendors and partners to review and influence product roadmaps, strategies, and plans to ensure alignment with Allstate needs, both current and future.
- Builds and maintains relationships with all levels of employees by creating an environment of safety and innovation within their organization and across peer groups
- Identifies and proactively removes barriers to cooperative effort between teams and departments
- Education: BS or MS in Engineering
- 12+ year's technical experience in architecture, design, and/or project management.
- 5+ years of management experience; should include accountability for all aspects of leading an organization including people processes, client/partner relationships, work processes and delivery of work products.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top