Senior Manager, Agency of the Future
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Agency of the Future Senior Manager is responsible for supporting the execution of strategy and driving necessary changes in the organization for key business initiatives. Help execute and direct projects that analyze strategic alternatives in depth so that opportunities, short and long term financial implications, risks and opportunities are well understood. Work across multiple functions and businesses to identify issues and assess financial and organizational impact. Help make recommendations and drive organizational alignment and decision making. Review existing strategies to ensure alignment with overall Distribution and Agency of the Future strategy. Provide insights and perspective on key project components that will impact current and future strategies.
- Demonstrates strong business knowledge, leadership, and general management skills
- Takes an integrated approach to ensure initiatives align to the Company determined growth and profit goals
- Formulates strategies to achieve plan objectives
- Develops strategic and operational parameters for collaborative efforts/teams with and across functional boundaries
- Drives results through the development of effective relationships with sales, field, and cross functional leadership
- Provides strategic guidance and direction on sales/business development programs, processes, and initiatives
- Helps interpret Allstate's strategic vision into team priorities and activities
- Aligns and enables leadership efforts for continuous improvements with sales processes & programs
- Presents business cases and influences others to take recommended actions
- Modifies and aligns existing and new initiatives to support changing business tactics
- When applicable, seeks to connect resources across departments to share expertise when appropriate
- Consistently plans, implements, manages, and/ or sponsors highly complex projects
- Coordinates and evaluates project controls and tracks/analyzes project ROI
- Determines and enrolls resources/expertise necessary to successfully complete projects from various AORs
- Provides business/technical consultation on highly complex projects
- Manages all-project-related expenses
- Supports governance process
- Successful track record in development and delivery of Strategy and translate business objectives into action plans
- Successful track record of organization and complex project/program management skills and systemic-thinking
- Successful track record of relationship management and leadership skills, and organizational savvy
- Successful track record in the ability to influence others, structuring and presenting documents to effectively communicate with and inspire trust of cross-functional partners and mid to senior level management, driving alignment and decision making
- Successful track record in strategic and analytical skills, providing critical thinking and solving complex problems;
- Proven experience providing strong people and thought leadership, and the ability to effectively mentor, coach and develop others
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Suite
- 10 years+ Insurance industry / Portfolio Management / Strategy Development / Delivery Execution
- MBA preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top