Senior Lead Converged Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Lead Converged Engineer will:
- Lead a project team of co-workers to develop and deliver of a hyper-converged strategy that supports IaaS and PaaS consumption models.
- Lead development efforts and support a large-scale hyper-converged virtual environment hosting platform consisting of Windows and Linux virtual servers.
- Support internal enterprise desktop and server users worldwide, including troubleshooting and problem resolution for the ESXi operating system, vSAN Software Defined Storage (SDS) solution and underlying hardware.
- Build strong, positive relationships with internal team members, related engineering and operations teams and business application developers.
- Lead the implementation of an agile work environment.
- Lead automation efforts to automate common tasks and innovate the delivery of hyper-converged infrastructure enabled services that satisfy a diverse range of internal customers.
Sr. Converged Engineers will provide consulting services to clients across the Enterprise, with the ability to understand and assimilate the most complex cross-discipline, and cross-technology concepts and processes.
- Internal candidates must have good attendance and a clean disciplinary record; and
- Internal candidates must be a Band D or E level with a consistent performance rating; and
- 5+ years and expert level experience working on VMware vSphere specifically in the installation, configuration, patching, maintenance, upgrade and administration of a virtualization infrastructure; and
- Must have experience in managing and administering a virtual infrastructure with a minimum footprint of 5000 virtual machines; and
- Must have 3 years experience managing capacity within a virtual environments; and
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the following technologies:
- ESXi 6.0 and above
- vCenter VCSA 6.0 and above
- Experience with basic administration of Windows and/or Red Hat Linux servers
- Server hardware administration experience
- Cluster Builds (Design/Deployment)
- Storage Administration and Technologies
- Network Administration and Technologies
- Certification in VMware Data Center Virtualization - i.e. VCP DCV
- Certification in VMware Cloud Automation - i.e. VCP CMA
- Direct experience working with Software Defined Storage
- 3+ years experience in a managed services environment
- 2+ years automation experience using a configuration management technology such as Puppet/Ansible/Chef
- Experience in a scripting language such as Python/Ruby/Perl/Powershell
- 1 Year experience of scripting Rest AIP calls.
- Familiarity with emerging hyper-converged infrastructure technologies
- 1+ years experience of working in a Hybrid Cloud environment
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or MIS, or work experience equivalent
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top