Senior Internal Auditor I
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Internal Audit (Allstate IA) team members provide analysis, appraisals, and recommendations to leadership teams and senior executives on whether significant operational risks are being properly mitigated. Our team applies their knowledge, insights and objectivity to help the organization by evaluating the design and effectiveness of controls embedded in strategy, governance, operations and risk management processes across both insurance and non-insurance businesses.
We like creativity, enthusiasm and teamwork. We are looking for someone who has a great attitude and likes to learn many different aspects of how a business runs. We like our auditors to be passionate about learning business processes and to take on new projects. You will apply a risk based approach to audit projects that are operational and strategic in nature. You will develop your audit programs and project plans and have full accountability for the lifecycle of your audit.
In addition, you play a key role in developing the lead auditors of tomorrow during each engagement through coaching, and delegation to ensure the project follows department guidelines and professional standards.
Our audits cover all aspects of the business, including a variety of disciplines such as distribution, customer service, product operations, claims, operations, investments, compliance, human resources and finance. Additionally, collaborate with risk management functions for coordinated engagements on large scale strategic initiatives throughout Allstate. This allows you to gain experience and learn the various areas of Allstate.
The Senior Internal Auditor:
- Manages assigned audits/audit tasks to achieve department guidelines and within established timetables with high quality results.
- Identifies process risks and controls and performs an assessment to determine audit scope
- Develops the audit program, manages the execution of the audit test procedures, including reviewing and analyzing evidence and ensuring appropriate conclusions are reached
- Drafts high quality reports and ensures findings and actions are well documented in accordance with department standards
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication and exhibits strong partnering skills and ability to interact with various levels of management and external stakeholders
- Consults through ad-hoc advisory engagements while working hand-in-hand with business units to share risk considerations as they undergo strategic projects
- Contributes to department initiatives to improve Allstate IA processes including but not limited to data analytics strategies and the Fraud Center of Excellence
- Self-motivated individuals could have periodic flexibility in their work location and a complimentary shuttle is available to public transportation, if needed
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills around complex business issues
- Curiosity to learn more about Allstate's business operations
- Excellent leadership, project, and time management skills
- Ability to effectively influence individuals to action at different levels of internal and external organizations
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort with the unknown
- Opportunity for occasional travel is available for those who are interested
- Strong knowledge of auditing concepts with relevant experience or strong business knowledge and experience
- CPA, CIA is a plus (must be acquired within 18 months of joining the team)
- College degree or University degree required, Master's degree a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top