Senior Innovation and Product Strategy Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer, serving approximately 16 million households through its Allstate, Encompass, Esurance and Answer Financial brand names and Allstate Financial business segment. Allstate branded insurance products (auto, home, life and retirement) and services are offered through Allstate agencies, independent agencies, and Allstate exclusive financial representatives in the United States and Canada, and are widely known through the slogan "You're In Good Hands With Allstate®."
By leveraging Our Shared Vision, Allstate is committed to strong principles of the highest ethical standards and encourages individual accountability. Allstate realizes success through innovative thinking while providing challenging and collaborative work for its 70,000 employees, including 12,000 exclusive agents. Allstate demonstrates a commitment to diversity through a variety of ways and continues to identify the requirements for future success since it was founded in 1931.
In 2011, Allstate developed an innovation group to support the identification and development of disruptive solutions outside of the insurance industry. Topics of exploration include internet of things, connected car, the smart home, and digital life. The group has significant executive sponsorship and has made momentous developments since inception including the largest acquisition in Allstate's history (SquareTrade for $1.4B in 2016). The group operates as a startup with ~40 employees and is based in a modern innovation hub in the historic downtown Chicago Merchandise Mart.
Value proposition of this role:
- Opportunity to build innovative new products and businesses, making a tangible, lasting impact
- Immersion in cutting-edge technologies and frequent exposure to interesting startups
- Critical role in high profile, high priority projects for one of the U.S.'s largest companies and most respected brands
- Compelling platform for leadership development and professional growth
Collegial, team-oriented culture with a healthy work/life balance
- Craft strategy to successfully launch new products and services, including but not limited to:
- Identifying the capabilities required to build a successful business
- Designing integrated business models
- Structuring sound pricing strategies
- Formulating and assessing opportunities for growth
- Assist with the development of long-term strategy, which includes identifying white space opportunities and future growth vectors
- Collaborate with business functions to translate strategy into actions (e.g., create action plans, set and track business goals)
- Lead competitive analysis efforts, including gathering insights, identifying trends and translating them into strategies to stay ahead of competition
- Surface business challenges and problem solve with team in order to find solutions and make recommendations
Support leadership team with the development of presentation materials to be consumed by senior executive leadership at Allstate (e.g. CMO, Innovation Board, SVP of Innovation)
- At least 18 months of management consulting experience.
- Intellectual versatility and ability to build expertise quickly on unfamiliar subject areas
- Strong problem solving skills across a wide range of business and product issues (e.g. technology, operations, organization, markets, competition)
- Interested in and conversant about technology
- Prioritized and adaptable "80/20" approach, allocating efforts against the highest value areas
- Professional, polished communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Team player with a warm, collaborative nature
Strong work ethic with an inherent sense of ownership and responsibility
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top