Senior Industrial Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The function within Allstate Brand Operations Enterprise Services is Industrial Engineering. The Industrial Engineer works with enterprise resources at the operational level to drive process improvements, identifying compliance to process standards and strategies for consistent, repeatable flawless execution. They understand the company's business processes and help ensure stakeholder objectives are met and represented in how service is built and delivered. This position will be responsible for aiding in the development, execution and leadership of projects across operational areas such as Claims, the Contact Centers, and Agencies. This resource should have demonstrated application experience using analytical and industrial engineering skillsets in a business setting.
The Industrial Engineering Senior Consultant I acts as a project lead to complete IE projects and is responsible for developing and managing business relationships and with some oversight. This position will lead teams/individuals in the completion of projects. This position reports to an Industrial Engineering Associate Manager and is responsible for aiding in the development, execution and leadership of projects across operational areas such as Claims, the Contact Centers, and Agencies.
- Proficient in statistical analysis processes and understands how and when to apply them based on the situation and specific needs.
- Understands the organization and client goals and the reasons for those goals; begins to articulate linkage between business goals and what that means for organization practices. Participate in solving business problems.
- Provides leadership to help clients achieve sustainable results.
- Leads client contracting conversations of a basic to moderate nature to ensure client and consultant needs are identified and intended outcomes are understood.
- Leads the design of leading edge approaches and solutions utilizing broad knowledge, best practices and benchmarking. Contributes to strategic decisions.
- Leverages external research, models and practices and applies it internally to bring thought leadership to the organization.
- Integrates subject matter knowledge with industry experience, relevant related disciplines, program/process design principles, and business goals and strategy
- Works with moderate consultative oversight, leads others in project management functions
- Analyzes ambiguous problems. Breaks down complex information in a systematic and communicable manner
- Leads rigorous process and/or service improvement projects
- Develops in-depth ideas and materials, insures understanding of technical matters by non-technical, executive decision makers
- Assumes responsibility for quality of service and advice in meeting customer and business partner needs
- Provides internal professional leadership
- Manages projects and program execution of moderate complexity
- Influences others to implement new program solutions
- Impacts department results through innovation and provision of authoritative advice
- Applies best practices when summarizing research findings. Reviews and edits prepared materials.
- Facilitates interviews, focus groups and workshops.
- Understands and makes observations on market specific implications of business strategies
- Professional with strong organization, communication, and administrative skills
- Bachelor's degree - Industrial Engineering
- Ability to think conceptually, analytically, and creatively
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, and organize
- Strong oral and business writing skills
- Ability to manage and utilize project teams effectively
- Ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to analyze data and apply it to problem resolution or process improvement
- 2-5 years of experience of statistical analysis
- 2-5 years of experience in the use of industrial engineering methodology to conduct research
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top