Senior Full Stack Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is currently looking to hire experienced Full Stack Engineers to join our expanding technology hub. The Sr. Full Stack Engineer will be responsible for the development, testing, and implementation of innovative customer-facing native mobile and web applications. The Sr. Full Stack Engineer will be a technical leader on the team that supports front end responsive web sites and backend Node.js microservices hosted in the cloud.
- Engineer and implement solutions for web front end and native mobile backend webservices.
- Participates and contributes to all phases in engineering new digital products, including coding, defect correction, unit testing, code review, and deployment planning.
- Work in an agile (Scrum) development environment.
- Production monitoring and support as needed.
- Provides expertise on current standards and cutting edge technologies and frameworks.
- Partners closely with product owner to define user requirements.
- Provides sizing estimates for user stories.
- Assists in producing, and executes on well-documented technical designs.
- Advises on best practices for mobile, web, and backend platform design.
- 4+ years of hands-on Web and/or Mobile development
- 4+ years of hands-on Webservice development.
- Experience in AWS Cloud hosted applications preferred.
- Experience with enterprise level, high-availability mobile application development required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Up to date on current development standards, including responsive web design.
- Strong understanding of Test Driven Development.
- Insurance or Financial industry experience a plus.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top