Senior Financial Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Life Product Management Financial Analysis Expense Team is responsible for the development, maintenance, tracking and analysis of financial, strategic and statistical data and tools used by the Company. This can include internal and external reporting, identifying issues and analyzing trends to strengthen the understanding of financial results. We recommend innovative solutions that guide strategies and improve operational results. Our work includes timely reporting, critical analysis and essential financial projections as we interface with business leaders across our organization.
- Provide leadership and expertise related to the creation/development, maintenance, forecasting, control, tracking and analysis of financial and/or statistical data used by the Company.
- Provide leadership in the development and execution of sound strategies to achieve desired results in plans and projects.
- Requires a more advanced understanding of strategies, leadership and financial information.
- Provides strategic recommendations as well as oversees the data, reporting, analysis, and planning functions within the expense team.
- Provides leadership to staff and develops of others within the department.
- Manage other financial analysts and/or managers on the Expense Team
- Lead others in providing highly complex financial analysis to support business decisions
- Lead, analyze, prepare and approve financial plans, forecasts or other financial matters for the Expense Team. May also include statistical projects of a highly complex nature.
- Lead and perform the investigation of difficult financial and/or statistical issues and questions
- Lead and perform complex adhoc projects/requests
- Prepare and lead others to prepare the completion of monthly, quarterly, annual reports, plan reconciliations and presentations of a financial nature
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, Math, Business (or related field) is preferred. May also have MBA.
- 7 plus years experience in planning, forecasting and expense budgeting
- Ability to work with highly complex numbers and formulas
- Excellent organization skills, analytical skills and time management skills
- Strong computer Skills (EXCEL, PowerPoint, SAP and Word.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including presentation skills. Ability to communicate highly complex information in a way that others can easily comprehend.
- Ability to develop strategies and effectively lead others
- Advanced problem solving skills and ability to recommend actions
- Broad knowledge of insurance industry and the outside marketplace
- Broad knowledge of Allstate Insurance Co structure and financial processes
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top