Senior Financial Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Chantilly, VA Finance team is seeking a creative problem-solver and dynamic team player who is interested in a leadership track. An Ideal candidate will possess an analytical mind, have natural intellectual curiosity and enjoy consultative work as they partner with business leaders across the organization to create innovative solutions that improve operational results. The position requires experience providing analysis, drawing conclusions and making recommendations. This is a Senior Analyst position with the opportunity for rapid advancement including accelerated leadership development with the potential to oversee other analysts as a team lead or unit manager.
- Analyze and communicate financial results for key products, markets and initiatives
- Develop compelling story lines, deepen client insights and recommend creative actions that guide strategy and operations
- Formulate financial projections to predict and track performance, diagnose potential issues and prompt corrective actions
- Ensure Protection Finance’s credibility and reputation of high quality (accurate, timely, relevant) financial measurement, reporting, planning and consulting
- Finance career opportunities available in Home Office (Northbrook, IL) and across the United States in our 14 regional offices
- Isolate key drivers, quantify impacts, and forecast implications to the business recognizing how different data points fit together
- Prepare metrics and develop storylines for financial updates
- Collaborate with business partners to anticipate and identify emerging issues and assist in development and implementation of strategies
- Use analysis to influence and drive action within finance, and with our business partners by using fact-based, holistic and forward-looking perspectives
- Provide accurate, timely reports with financial insight to allow business partners to improve performance
- Develop and lead effective presentations for small groups
- Drive conversations with leadership to understand business implications of current trends
- Inspire trust and confidence in clients through strategic and diplomatic handling of relationships
- At this level, an analyst may be required to train and review the work of other analysts
- 3+ years of experience as a financial, data or business analyst completing data analysis, consulting, and providing business recommendations supported by quantitative research.
- Advanced analytical and financial model building skills
- Experience consulting with internal or external business partners
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel. Have experience using formulas, macros, pivot tables and graphs and incorporating results into both Word and Power Point presentations.
- Familiarity with SQL, Access, SAP Front End, Business Objects, BPC or other Data Management tools a plus.
- Solid work ethic, including ability to follow-up, focus on details and take initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement – personally and with work assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to work effectively with employees both internal and external to the finance function
- Effective time management and organization skills with ability to handle multiple tasks/deadlines simultaneously
- Prior management experience a plus
- Bachelors or Masters in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business or related area of study
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top