Senior Education Consultant - Multimedia
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Design, development and delivery via adult learning principals and learner centered facilitation to Agency Owners, Agency Staff, Regional Sales Instructors and Field Sales Leadership of new and existing education initiatives that support the profitable growth of our agencies
The Sr Consultant II is responsible for the ongoing, long-term improvement of agency owners, agency staff, regional sales instructors and field sales leaders' education programs. This job is responsible for designing and developing multimedia content to help deliver world class education. The individual partners with the Agency Operations Education team members to identify education needs and provides subject matter expertise on adult learning and content delivery to influence planning for video production.
Program and Process Design/Improvement
- Design and develop video deliverables
- Prior experience with various learning technology and authoring tools include, but not limited to: Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Prezi, PowerPoint, OneNote, Blackboard, and video production software is preferred
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, OneNote, Publisher and Excel Proven track record in achieving multimedia/production results; production demo reel may be required
- Knowledge and expertise with multimedia editing software (Avid, Sorenson, and most software found in the Adobe Creative Cloud - Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom, After Effects and Illustrator) a plus
- Proficiency in pre-show planning that's required for live video productions.
- Proficiency with digital assets and storage
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Works cross-functionally to deliver effective, efficient solutions to all levels of agency, regional, and field sales leadership
- Solicits input from key stakeholders
- Ensures effective delivery of curriculum through a variety of mediums such as instructor led training, web conferences, teleconferences, live meetings and videoconferences
- Evaluates course effectiveness regularly and determines/recommends alternatives or improvements
- Reviews education materials from a variety of vendors and select materials with appropriate content
- Develops communication strategies and materials to support new and existing programs focused on development of sales leaders
- Determines the integration and delivery of programs/changes to curriculum and regions/field
- Communicates and presents project information/updates to various levels of leadership including senior leadership/Officers within Sales and across other functional business units
- Plans, implements, manages, and/or contributes on projects that are up to moderate complexity and are small to moderately scaled using accepted project management standards
- Forecasts short-term and long-term deliverables
- Assists in the formulation of strategies to achieve plan objectives
- Ensures project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Assists in determining where additional resources/expertise may be necessary to successfully complete projects/assignments
- Secures approvals and monitors program, policy, and procedure progress
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams/team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Evaluates current results, identifies variances to planned performance, analyzes causes of variance and recommends action through tracking expense plan performance
- Creates a training budget and actively manages all project related expenses
- College degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience
- Curriculum development experience desired
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers
- Ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Works within complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Strong communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (ability to create presentations and create/manipulate spreadsheets)
- General understanding and knowledge of learning design, instructional methods and training techniques
- Intermediate knowledge of sales processes, policies, and procedures or other business/technical fields
- Insurance experience, business ownership or management backgrounds a plus
- Leverages understanding of current industry standards/environment to impact decisions and indicate requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top