Senior Communications Consultant - Allstate Investments
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Be passionate. Be a leader. Most importantly – do meaningful work.
We’re looking for a communication professional that can take projects and run with them, has a knack for distilling complex info into understandable and engaging messaging, that can strike the right balance between strategic and creative thinking, and that is comfortable working with leaders at all levels. Are you up to the challenge?
In Corporate Relations, we:
- Tell Allstate’s iconic story and bring the voice of Allstate to life through internal and external strategic communication.
- Know the business and work closely with business leaders as thought partners, continuing to strengthen Allstate’s reputation, strategy and culture.
- Provide world-class communications counsel to advance issues and initiatives important to our stakeholders.
We connect our stakeholders to Allstate and to each other, build and protect our brand and help people live a good life every day. We do this by providing our expertise in executive positioning, internal communications, media relations, reputation management, issues and crisis management, thought leadership and advocacy, strategic business counsel, employee engagement and culture, corporate social responsibility and financial communications.
We are a group of talented, creative, passionate and strategic individuals that work together to achieve our common goals. We are research-based, outcomes-driven and business-focused, and dedicated to professional development at all levels.
The Part You Play:
As the Corporate Relations Senior Consultant, you will gain hands-on experience in the world of client management, while also seeing firsthand the inner workings of an investment management firm. You will focus on cutting-edge internal communications, employee engagement and strategic planning, as part of the team’s broader responsibilities – all with a balance of autonomy and support to build successful strategies and bring ideas to fruition. Ultimately the outcomes of this work will help ensure that the Corporate Relations team is supporting the business leaders and employees effectively and serving as a strategic partner and counselor.
The responsibilities of this opportunity will align with the overall business unit’s goals and include:
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with business partners at all levels and providing them with strategic communications counsel.
- Assisting with the development long- and short-term, integrated strategic communication plans leveraging exceptional writing, critical thinking and project management skills.
- Supporting existing employee communication vehicles and identifying opportunities for multi-media projects, including research, content development, design and execution.
- Contributing new and innovative communications solutions that meet and anticipate business needs; assisting in taking them from planning to strategy to action.
- Prioritizing multiple projects and business partner requests, with a degree of autonomy and bias for action.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Corporate Relations/Communications role.
- Passion for and experience in creative and persuasive written, verbal and visual and/or multi-media communications to influence stakeholders.
- Experience developing effective communication strategies.
- Proficient at project management to achieve maximum efficiency and managing time and budget to achieve goals.
- Adept at developing strong working relationships with business partners within and beyond the team.
- Creative and strategic thinker that can manage multiple projects at various stages, with an eye toward the bigger picture.
- Traditional media relations and social media skills; investments/insurance/financial services industry knowledge a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field preferred, but not required. In Corporate Relations, our backgrounds range from journalism to business, from strategic philanthropy to academia, and from research to education. We are a team of both lifelong communicators, and those who developed their communication skills on the job.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top