Senior Business Development Manager, Allstate Digital Ventures
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, ALLSTATE DIGITAL VENTURES
The mission of Allstate Digital Ventures (ADV) is to enable all consumers to "love your digital life" through technology products and services which eliminate worries, improve convenience, and enhance the quality of online life - while expanding Allstate's reach into new markets. Efforts are underway to develop our first product for market launch, and stand up a new business.
Allstate Digital Ventures is looking to assemble a team that can help grow and scale this business, consisting of high-flying people who are strategic, creative and results-minded. Our team consists of a diverse mix of professionals with expertise in design, technology, business, marketing, operations, and strategy.
The ADV Business team is looking to grow its capability and capacity to expand our partnerships and strategic suppliers (think data, tech platforms and enablers as well as ecosystem partnerships) in order to leverage the best minds and the greatest innovations the market has to offer. This new business team is looking for a talented, experienced senior business development manager to help identify, assess and develop the highest value partnerships to enable ADV's future.
Description of Position/Ideal Candidate
- You are a skilled, self-motivated Senior BD Manager with 10 or more years of experience, ideally cultivating new relationships, finding the diamond in the rough, and launching new, enabling business offerings across multiple product types.
- You have been in the trenches: you know how to get things done. You can work strategically, but can also roll up your sleeves and drive new deals and programs across the line with detail and rigor garnering the support of ADV and Allstate's various shared services teams.
- You are data-driven: your beliefs are strong - you can come to the table with a clear point of view- but loosely held - what you think shifts in light of new data. You are able to compare various forms of data with a qualitative market perspective (lots of informative BD discussions with dozens of cool companies) and strong business instincts to frame a new opportunity, prioritize it and make the case it's the next best thing.
- You are a 'bringing clarity out of chaos' thinker: you can help clear the fog, synthesize dozens of bits of insight and weave together a coherent, winning proposal that captures the best of the ecosystem around Allstate, and best utilizes the strengths of ADV and Allstate.
- You have a growth mind-set: you are mature, curious, resilient, and can take the long view. You know, from experience, how tough it is to get something across the line, and then to manage it through its full lifecycle in order to extract its greatest value.
- You are a teacher: you enjoy mentoring more junior managers and teammates in order to leverage their strengths, but also simply to pay it forward.
- The fine print: you have a related degree (business, marketing, etc.). An MBA is a plus. Ideal candidates have experience in one or more of the following domains: digital tech, communications, cyber security, as well as general ecosystem planning.
Allstate Digital Ventures Value Proposition
If you fit the profile above, the team looks forward to meeting you. This is what we offer.
- The best of both worlds: a nimble, independent start-up under the umbrella of a Fortune 100 company.
- An organization that is investing heavily in innovation and sees the digital marketplace as a critical growth area.
- The chance to help launch a category-changing product while building new-to-Allstate, new-to-the-world technologies and capabilities.
- An opportunity to leverage the strength of Allstate's broad-based distribution channels while-where necessary-helping to build new paths to market
- A platform for leadership development and professional growth - we take this very seriously!
- Competitive compensation package and benefits, a cool workspace in Allstate's downtown Chicago innovation hub, and nice people to work with.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top