Senior Business Analytics Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Data, Discovery and Decision Science department (D3) is responsible for supporting other internal business units with a broad range of data, research and analytical projects. The Business Analytics Consulting (BAC) family uses business and technical acumen to find applications of analytics to solve business problems across the enterprise.
The D3 BAC Sr Consultant I position is a lead consultant position that will use business and technical acumen to be responsible for coordinating and managing the development of analytical solutions and processes in order to drive business decisions and solutions for the business vertical in which they are aligned to. The Sr Consultant is also responsible for providing high complexity analytical and data driven solutions to key business stakeholders in order to address potential business problem. Additionally, the BAC Sr Consultant will be exposed to the ins and out of developing data strategies for predictive analytic applications, fundamental skills of big data, data science and statistical learning methods, and agile delivery methodologies.
- Identify and prioritize new opportunities for analytics through the following business consulting responsibilities:
- Relationship Management: Successfully identify, build, and maintain, relationships with business stakeholders both internal and external of D3. Be able to connect people and existing/ongoing work (internal and external to D3) to business problems
- Strategy & Business Consulting: Understands the business strategic direction and how potential actions will influence the business and their results. Drives activities to develop strategies and identify high priory initiatives
- Business Process Mapping: Provides direction as to where data and analytics could be leveraged in order to make key business decisions. Has a good tactical and strategic understating of how the business works, what their operational processes look like, and where data and analytics could be leveraged in order to make more effective data-driven decisions
- Experimentation, Research & Innovation: Keeps abreast of industry and technology developments and experiment to identify new tools, methods and techniques to meet the needs of the business
- Implement and operationalize analytics insights, products and solutions through the following responsibilities:
- Data Visualization & Storytelling: With a deep knowledge of data visualization, develops solutions using tools such as Tableau in order to effectively communicate and drive the translation of data and analytics insights in business terms to key stakeholders
- Technical Support of Analytics Development Life Cycle: With very minimal direction, support the Data Scientists with high-level model design by providing business requirements, and providing an understanding of data domains and their impact to the business Additionally, drive the creation of data visualization tools to actively monitor and identify potential our of pattern elements in our business results
- Program Coordination/Product Owner: Contributes to high complexity projects/products and drives moderately complex medium impact projects/products from ideation to delivery in an Agile framework, with an emphasis on measurable, value add deliverables
- Communications & Change Management: Drives clear product/project communications throughout the project/product process to all stakeholders involved regarding scope, timeline, issues, and any revisions to them. Additionally, drives and maintains partnerships through the development process to in order to ensure the successful transition of moderately complex research to an operational state within the business unit
- Bachelor's degree required. Studies related to statistics/mathematics, engineering, predictive analytics or data science is a plus.
- Possess quantitative and analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrate business acumen to drive consulting efforts with business clients
- Experience with analytical tools, such as SQL, R, Python and Tableau
- Ability to make sound decisions utilizing problem solving approaches and decision frameworks
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations to business clients
- Ability to drive complex analysis
- Effectively communicate concepts, tools and techniques in order to drive alignment and decision making with senior leaders
- Demonstrates an understanding of Allstate systems and data in order to provide guidance to business clients
- Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines and comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
- Ability to drive data and technical projects
- Ability to develop, communicate and/or revise tactics to support changing strategies and direction
- Skilled in motivation, organization, coaching and facilitation of teamwork in order to inspire trust among peers and business clients to build strong relationships
- Excellent presentation skills; persuasively presenting ideas to multiple levels of stakeholders, including senior leaders
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top