Senior Avaya Voice Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Expectations for the position are to have a high exposure to traditional voice, data and IP Telephony technologies, as well as knowledge and experience with a converged environment. Exhibit outstanding and consistent technical skills in areas of VOIP, TCP/IP Internetworking, TDM, and SIP Trunking in a primarily Avaya, but mixed vendor environment including Cisco, Verint, Redsky, Octel, ESNA.
This position is also accountable for supporting and delivering the following:
- All escalated incidents with the efforts of assessing risk, coordinating resolution with our engineering partners or Vendors, and delivering assigned incidents/problems.
- Coordinate with Application/Technology Stewards on estimation and prioritization of work as needed, and cooperatively identify development plan tasks and action item creation.
- Continually evaluating weaknesses and provide training to the team.
- Ensure the Operational Readiness of any new technology or infrastructure presented to the NOC Voice team to support.
- Regularly evaluate incidents for trends/bad actors and recommending corrective actions in an effort to prevent future occurrences.
- Identify and drive repetitive, low value work out of the NOC.
- Identify and recommend additional monitoring that can be put into place to allow for yellow to green activities vs. red to green.
- Identify training gaps with staff and work with leadership to remediate via in-house, or vendor based training.
The Network Operation Center (NOC) has three main roles:
To ensure maximum possible service availability and performance
To provision customer network services on core equipment
- To provide support services for Engineering and other technical teams
These result in a highly diverse range of duties for the NOC - our engineers are required to ensure they are fulfilled in a timely, co-operative and professional manner.
Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
Expert knowledge of network switching and routing.
Advanced Knowledge of VoIP (H.323 and SIP) and TDM (ISDN and RBS).
Advanced Knowledge of Avaya Gateways, Communication Managers, Session Managers, CMS, Aura Messaging platform, Avaya POD, and CTI applications.
Advanced Knowledge of VXML-based IVR Systems.
Knowledge of ITIL best practices.
College degree or equivalent work experience
5 plus years of related work experience. Related technology certification preferred
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top