Senior Associate Counsel - Northbrook
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Senior Associate Counsel - Business Transactions Law
The Business Transactions Law team is seeking a corporate transactional attorney with 5 to 8 years of technology, M&A, or commercial transactions experience who is interested in an in-house position in the legal department of a Fortune 100 company. Join Allstate as a Staff Attorney in the Investments & Business Transactions Law division of Allstate's Law & Regulation Department.
You will collaborate with other attorneys and work directly with our business partners as a member of the Business Transactions Law team. The Business Transactions Law team is responsible for a wide range of corporate transactional work for our public company parent and numerous subsidiaries in the U.S. and around the world. The team's work includes sourcing/procurement contracting, including a significant volume and array of technology agreements and opportunities for counseling on novel issues as Allstate expands into new products and services; M&A transactions and collaboration agreements with strategic partners; debt and equity investments; marketing and advertising agreements; legal work for Allstate's not-for-profit foundations; and a variety of other transactions for business partners throughout the Allstate enterprise.
We are fortunate to have a great team of talented, engaged, hard-working legal professionals and are looking for someone like that to join our team. You will be working with attorneys who are invested in your professional development and appreciate that work-life balance begins with the idea that your career and your life should be mutually rewarding, not mutually exclusive.
Your role on the team:
- You will assist in providing legal advice and counsel to business partners on legal issues and risks in connection with various transactions, with supervision on more complex matters.
- You will conduct preliminary legal reviews, identify issues, draft, review, and negotiate agreements, manage projects, and prepare recommendations with respect to day-to-day matters and assist with more complex matters.
- This position supports, and has direct accountability for overseeing and handling legal issues for, various internal client groups including Sourcing and Procurement Solutions, Corporate Development and Capital Deployment, and other business units engaged in transactions, including strategic initiatives, technology transactions, and acquisitions. You will be responsible for helping coordinate with various internal business partners in connection with that work.
- From time-to-time, you will also be responsible for overseeing the work of outside counsel and paraprofessionals.
- License to practice law in a U.S. Jurisdiction
- 5 to 8 years of transactional experience in a law firm, a Fortune 500 company, or a similar organization
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills and experience advising business partners on a variety of transactions
- Experience with technology contracting is preferred
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical-thinking skills, as well as the ability to identify and manage issues
- Ability to adapt well to change, multi-task, make effective decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, respond with a sense of urgency, and deliver results
- Great interpersonal skills combined with the ability to develop and influence others
- Creative thinker with a focus on continuous improvement
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top