Senior Analyst, Journey Strategy
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Journey Strategy ... The Journey Strategy team is accountable for developing and deploying a strategic framework that proactively manages our journey efforts as a portfolio across the enterprise. This team will ensure optimization of resources, capital and interdependencies and facilitate trade-off decisions with senior management. They will ensure high engagement at all levels of the organization through effective communication and innovative ways in engaging employees at all levels across the organization.
Where you come in
When an organization is changing and innovating quickly, it needs an awesome team to help engineer the very best customer experience. That's where you come in! You will help in designing and maintaining a strategic framework that will help identify, prioritize and manage a portfolio of efforts around our customer journeys. Proactive management of this portfolio (gaps, redundancies, interdependencies, conflicts, etc.) and facilitation of trade-off decisions and implications will be a critical role. Consolidation of progress to the customer experience across the enterprise and developing effective communication to celebrate our success, creating an engaged employee base at all levels, leading towards a customer centric company. You will work with x-functional team in developing macro level customer journey maps (current state and future state) to gain alignment and drive action. You will help plan, design and deploy customer-centric products and initiatives, driving improvement that impacts all touch-points across the customer journey. You'll work with key partners across the enterprise to create a laser focus on the customer and drive cross-organization efforts to achieve optimal customer experiences that help Allstate deliver on the Customer Value Proposition.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE :
- Is a creative problem solver, curious and inquisitive - values questions as much, if not more, than answers
- A pathfinder - can navigate a landscape for which there is not yet a map, willingness to explore and take on unfamiliar work efforts
- Doesn't wait for perfect clarity to take action or cringe at the thought of the slightest mistake
- Is engaged from the start, takes initiative and maintains high degree of urgency - motivated, passionate and energetic!
- Exhibits strong collaboration skills, bridges to ideas of others and seeks to understand their perspectives
- Strong Emotional Intelligence - is self-aware, thinks deeply about emotions, behavior and considers how they affect other people
- Must possess a relentless drive to continuously improve oneself, colleagues and surrounding circumstances
- Can remain flexible to changing priorities and thrive in ambiguity, doesn't get distracted by the unimportant
- Embraces experimentation: ideating and prototyping to develop fresh, innovative solutions
- Thrives on finding solutions to challenging problems based on customer trends and needs
- Be a hero - as a champion for the customer you'll defend the position that customer-centric starts with the customer, not products
- Oh, and runs for the hills when hearing, "that's the way we've always done things". We like to have fun!
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Provide support in developing and maintaining our strategic framework for CX journeys
- Support in developing and proactively managing portfolio of journey initiatives
- Identification of opportunities / barriers and development of recommended actions and rationale
- Support in developing senior management discussion documents to drive discussion, alignment and action
- Develop macro level communication to gauge and monitor progress on becoming a customer centric org
- Development and reporting of macro level KPI's on our progress (NPS, AES, Customer Sat, etc.)
- Support in developing macro level journey maps (current state and future state)
- Assist in the development of innovative communication / change management solutions to engage our employee base in becoming more customer centric (e.g. CX Immersion Room)
- Leverage customer insights and design thinking to support the development of products, solutions and experiences that positively impact various phases of the customer journey
- Analyze data on customer experience performance across all touch-points and journeys on an ongoing basis to identify opportunities to optimize customer experiences and improve performance
- Contributes towards leading, defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of new or ongoing customer experience initiatives (products, solutions)
- Assist with establishing strategic product/solution vision, discovery, roadmaps, and delivery to maximize the customer and enterprise value provided by the product/solution
- Organize and facilitate meetings, brainstorming sessions, and ideation and innovation workshops to drive the innovation pipeline (identify pain-points across customer journey, idea generation, open/partner innovation, and possibly crowdsourcing platforms)
- Engage in discovery/test & learn activities to quickly validate assumptions and solution direction (fail-fast, learn and move on)
- Provide thought leadership and strategic consulting to stakeholders across the organization, championing the voice of the customer and act as a Customer Experience advocate in decision considerations and influencing outcomes that will impact the customer
- Deliver concise and well-articulated strategic plans with the appropriate level of detail and develop compelling presentations outlining insights and recommendations for improving customer experiences
- Define customer experience standards and identify best practices (benchmarking against insurance and non-insurance leading practices) customer experience ideas, systems and processes
- Responsible for working closely with key stakeholders and partners around the globe, building and nurturing strong relationships to understand priorities and challenges and collaboratively advance work
- Actively participate in our learning culture; including coaching and mentoring staff, stakeholders and peers to achieve personal growth and business results.
- 3-5 years of relevant customer experience, strategy, project management, change management expertise, working in an ever changing and at times, fast-paced environment
- Strong communicator and presenter (oral and written) of complex and innovative concepts, with ability to mobilize, inspire, and influence at all levels of the organization - a change agent
- A collaborator who can work cross-functionally to get things done; can build a common purpose
- Experience in analyzing data and research and deriving insights
- Ability to be self-directed and to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
- Project management within a delivery environment - must be well organized, consistently follow-up on tasks and regularly communicate updates and status
- Create work plans - break down projects into reasonable subsets of work and activities
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint, Excel, Word, OneNote
- Undergraduate degree in Business (or related degrees), Marketing, Communications; MBA/MS would be an asset
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top