Senior Administrative Assistant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Senior Administrative Assistant in Chandler, AZ!
The scope of this position is to provide administrative support to our Regional Claims Leader and Claims Staff. Your proactive assistance in this fast paced environment will be capitalized on. This role requires independent judgment performed under general direction, using procedures standard to the organization. Daily work includes both routine tasks and special projects.
- Intermediate to advanced communication skills are required to initiate oral and written response to inquiries regarding routine situations
- Ability to prioritize work and organize own time
- Ability to complete a professional document utilizing basic grammar, spelling, and format skills
- Knowledge of work group functions and processes beyond team boundaries
- Ability to prepare presentations with little assistance
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of required software applications
- Identify inconsistencies in routine work and initiate corrective action within workgroup
- Handle multiple demands on an on-going basis including familiar situations, sensitive information and some high level contact
- Ability to train others across team boundaries
- Solve problems related to specific tasks with minimal supervision
- Work under general supervision
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years plus administrative experience preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient Internet and Intranet navigation
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task, flexibility, adaptability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top