Senior Accountant- Financial Shared Services
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an excellent career opportunity for a Senior Reinsurance Accountant in Northbrook, IL!
The Financial Shared Services Reinsurance Team is responsible for operationalizing and accounting for Involuntary P&C Reinsurance Programs and Guaranty Fund Assessments for the following business segments:
- Allstate Insurance Company (and affiliates) –
- Allstate Business Insurance
- North Light Specialty Insurance Company
Main accountabilities in Involuntary Reinsurance Administration include:
- Timely and accurate accounting and reporting
- Collaborate with other business units to improve Allstate's bottom line
- Analyze, explain, and communicate the results
- Govern by exercising oversight over Field processes that feed Specialty Ops and adhere to internal and external controls
Responsible for executing the day to day activities of the team. Manage their assignments based on prioritization and direction, raising issues as appropriate. The Consultant II can have a diverse responsibilities. They are expected to perform thorough analysis, responsible for moderately complex tasks, and is expected to work independently with minimum guidance.
- Monthly close and related analysis - record ceded premium, reinsurance recoveries, adjustments and accruals
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly/annual statutory and/or GAAP financial statements and schedules/exhibits
- Prepare analytical schedules, analyze variances and providing analytical support based on internal/external inquiries and/or requests
- Submit require filings to state reporting entities to collect/pay reinsurance premium and recoveries
- Process guaranty fund assessment payments and refunds and track recoupment collections
- Participate in and initiate process improvement projects
- Work collaboratively within the team and across business units
- Implement, report and communicate the impact of business and accounting related initiatives on assigned processes and reported financial statements.
- Special Projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or related field
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- General knowledge of GAAP, Statutory accounting principles and Reinsurance reporting knowledge a plus
- General understanding of the Insurance Industry and Reinsurance
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple customers and suppliers while consistently meeting required deadlines
- Ability to research, assemble and communicate findings to areas requesting analytical information
- Good organizational and referencing skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top