Security Operations Center Level 3 Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Incident Handling/Incident Response (IH/IR) team utilizes multiple security technologies and produces enhancements that allow Security Operations Center (SOC) members to work collaboratively and efficiently while responding to threats. The individual in this role will work as a Tier III Analyst on the team and be responsible for carrying out 24x7 on-site security monitoring operations. The SOC Level 3 Analyst will perform responsibilities associated with investigating Incidents escalated from Tier I and II incident responders for Allstate's SOC, conducting technical investigations for security incidents, providing process improvements, and driving implementation of new capabilities. He/she will serve as a technical escalation resource for other SOC Analysts and provide mentoring for skill development. The individual will partner with Security Engineers to implement and improve technology and process to enhance SOC monitoring, investigation, and response.
- Conduct multi-step breach and investigative analysis to trace the dynamic activities associated with advanced threats
- Perform investigation and escalation for complex or high severity security threats or incidents
- Serve as an escalation resource and mentor for other analysts
- Work with SIEM Engineering and other security partners developing and refining correlation rules
- Work on complex tasks assigned by leadership, which may involve coordination of effort among Level 1/2/3 analysts
- Coordinate evidence/data gathering and documentation and review Security Incident reports
- Assist in defining and driving strategic initiatives
- Create and develop SOC processes and procedures working with Level 3, Level 2 and Level 1 Analysts
- Provide recommendations for improvements to Allstate's Security Policy, Procedures, and Architecture based on operational insights
- Define and assist in creation of operational and executive reports
- Define tool requirements to improve SOC capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 7+ years of technical experience in Information Security, System Administration, or Network Engineering with at least 5 - 7 years of experience in Information Security
- Extensive experience in Incident Response, Incident Handling and Security Operations
- Advanced knowledge and expertise of using SIEM technologies for event investigation
- Basic understanding of incident handling/incident response techniques within a cloud-based environment such as Google Cloud, Azure or AWS
Security Certifications Preferred (including but not limited to the following certifications):
- Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Expert Penetration Tester (CEPT)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Networking Certifications (CCNA, etc.)
- Platform Certifications (Microsoft, Linux, Solaris, etc.)
- Advanced event analysis leveraging SIEM tools
- Advanced incident investigation and response skill set
- Advanced log parsing and analysis skill set
- Advanced knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, network layers, Ethernet, ARP, etc)
- Advanced knowledge of current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc)
- Advanced knowledge of malware operation and indicators
- Advanced knowledge of penetration techniques
- Moderate to Advanced knowledge of DDoS mitigation techniques
- Moderate to Advanced knowledge or IDS/IPS systems
- Moderate to Advanced knowledge of Windows and Unix or Linux
- Moderate knowledge of Firewall and Proxy technology
- Moderate knowledge of Data Loss Prevention monitoring
- Moderate knowledge and experience with Cloud technologies (Amazon, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Moderate experience with scripting
- Moderate knowledge of forensic techniques
- Moderate protocol analysis experience (Wireshark, Gigastor, Netwitness, etc.)
- Moderate knowledge of audit requirements (PCI, HIPPA, SOX, etc.)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top