Security Operations Center Engineering Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are the Good Hands; we help people realize their hopes and dreams through products and services designed to protect them from life's uncertainties and to prepare them for the future. Nearly every major Allstate project has a partnership with technology – a partnership that is imperative to the success of the organization. With the company's size and related technology scale, job opportunities and career advancement paths in IT are abundant at Allstate. In order to maintain our place at the forefront of the technological landscape, Allstate needs to hire the best and the brightest talent – is that you?
Manage the SOC engineering team through project plans and other efforts that support all iSOC teams through custom development, technology integration, orchestration/automation, and technology management. Think outside the box to come up with new solutions that take advantage of automation and orchestration.
Provide oversight for the SOC engineers, direct projects and related activities, review documentation and code. Must be able to manage multipile priorities and projects at once.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years software development experience in a large enterprise. They should have knowledge of secure coding standards, code versioning, and technical documentation. They should have 2+ years of security related experience in areas such as intrusion detection, incident response, network security, etc. They should be comfortable with working from the command line, regardless of operating system, and have working experience of system administration of Linux, Unix, Windows, and Mac operating systems.
In addition, the ideal candidate must have the following knowledge / experience:
- Moderate knowledge in web application languages (PHP, C#/.NET, HTML/CSS, etc)
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of scripting languages for the purposes of batch jobs, schedule tasks, and system administration (BASH, PowerShell, etc)
- Moderate knowledge in transmission of data using JSON, XML, and others
- Moderate knowledge of working with both structured and unstructured data
- Advanced experience in building clients that leverage various API endpoints (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Moderate experience in version control (perferrably git, Jira, or CVS)
- Moderate knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, Network Layers, etc.)
- Moderate knowledge of malware operation and indicators
- Moderate knowledge of current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc.)
- Moderate knowledge of security related technologies and their functions (IDS, IPS, EDR, IRP, FW, WAF, SIEM, etc.)
- Moderate protocol analysis experience (Wireshark, Gigastor, Netwitness, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of audit requirements (PCI, HIPPA, SOX, etc.)
- Experience in writing technical documentation to support software development
- Experience with interactive development environments (Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc)
Security Certifications Preferred (Including but not limited to the following certifications):
- Certified Web Application Defender (GWEB)
- Certified Secure Software Programmer-Java (GSSP-JAVA)
- Certified Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM)
- Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- Certified Intrusion Analyst (GIAC)
- Certified Ethical hacker (CEH)
- Certified Expert penetration tester (CEPT)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Networking Certifications (CCNA, etc)
- Platform Certifications (Microsoft, Linux, Solaris, etc)
- Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top