Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The DBA organization has an exciting opportunity for a DBA who will be responsible for researching, implementing, monitoring and managing all aspects of Database Security and ensuring compliance to SOX and internal security standards.
Essential Job Functions And Responsibilities
- Participates on technical security project teams in order to help design, modify, and implement technical security solutions for authentication, data encryption, access control, security policy, best practices and security awareness.
- Participates with Information Security led initiatives
- Assists with security audits and risk assessments, and recommends security improvements to existing applications and technology.
- Maintains and monitors security software utilized on databases.
- Monitors security exception reports and investigates possible security violations.
- Assists in researching and resolving complex security issues, and taking appropriate actions to prevent the occurrence of security issues, problems, or outages.
- Assists in developing programs and reports used to monitor users and systems security.
- Reviews existing security access of internal users to confirm compliance with established security procedures and practices, including user provisioning, group management, and establishment of rights and privileges.
- Collaborates with various departments to produce confidential reports related to information security violations.
- Assists in ensuring that confidential information is properly identified, protected, and encrypted.
- Must be available for rotation (if not a promotion);
- Must have good attendance and a clean disciplinary record;
- Knowledge and understanding of database systems;
- Knowledge of PowerShell/Linux/Unix scripting;
- Should be a self-starter who demonstrates complete ownership over assigned objectives and is able to work independently
- Proactive approach and enthusiasm for problem identification and solving
- Knowledge of cloud services provided by industry leaders like AWS, Microsoft Azure etc.
- Knowledge of business continuity / disaster recovery
- Experience supporting SOX audits, managing PII data
- Experience in developing and writing IT policies, procedures, and audit responses.
- Experience in DevOps
- Knowledge and experience in documentation of security policies, standards, and processes
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top