Security Architect - Lead
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Security Architect serves as the expert in information security, including risk management mindset, knowledge across multiple security domains, technical solution designs and architecture, and leadership for implementing security capabilities and security controls. The Security Architect helps shape security innovation and plays key role in the evolution of enterprise architecture and security capabilities. The Security Architect makes decisions on complex or ambiguous IT architecture issues, coordinating with users to determine requirements, and ensuring system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored, finding ways to increase efficiency.
- Create, maintain and drive information security technology strategies and roadmaps
- Partner with the security group to plan and drive the implementation of the technology and its capabilities. Responsible for the architecture of the technology
- Set up best practices and provide directions and guidance of how to utilize the technology and its capabilities. Drive the development of security specifications, standards, and processes to ensure adequate protection of corporate network
- Architect and design the security solutions for applications or systems, and/or provide expertise and consulting to the project teams on security controls needed
- Help governing security standards and architecture directions when supporting business needs and establishing business capabilities.
- Serve as an information security advisor to key technology and business stakeholders, establishing trust relationships through active engagement and collaboration
- 3+ years’ experience in understanding security risks, identifying gaps and creating strategies, roadmaps, and architecture directions and patterns. Demonstrated experience in driving strategies, architecture directions, universal architectures, and working across boundary to improve security posture for the organization
- 3+ years’ experience in designing, architecting, and implementing complex enterprise applications, infrastructures, platforms and systems, addressing security, performance, scalability, and reliability. Demonstrated ability to perform a risk-based approach to securing applications, databases or infrastructure based upon technology and business needs
- Extensive knowledge and 5+ years’ experience on one or more of the following
- Network security, such as web proxy, reverse proxy, load balancing, IDS/IPS, Firewall, SSL VPN, WAN/LAN, DDOS prevention, wireless and remote connectivity
- Infrastructure security, including windows, unix/linux, desktop/laptop, and mobile security. Transformation of traditional data center security measures into industry adopted cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services, Azure, etc.
- Security for structured databases and unstructured data, such as access controls, encryption, monitoring and others
- Threat Intelligence, incident management, vulnerability management, and security monitoring and analytics.
- User, platform and device authentication, and various levels of access controls and authorization, Enterprise Directories and their integration with other systems in a large, complex environment. Enterprise class security products such as Identity Management, Web Access Management and Single Sign On
- Education: College Degree with technical study or equivalent experience
- Strong ability to think strategically and be innovative
- Strong ability to look at big pictures, connect the dots and architect the solution
- Strong ability to drive and lead conversations, and collaborate well with all parties
- Strong ability to give direction, identify the path, and troubleshoot infrastructure and application problems
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, communicating with Sr. Leadership, business and all levels of IT groups.
- Be willing to take risks and be able to step up to take initiative
- Be a quick learner and adapter, and be willing to challenge oneself
- Be good at writing concise, high-quality technical documents
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Back to top