SDET (Big Data/ETL)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are looking for a Flight Product Test Architect with experience in Big data ETL who enjoys working in a collaborative agile environment. This role is a technical leader in the organization, and aligns to the Test Engineer position family, also referred to as the Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET).
The Flight Test Product Architect will provide direction and leadership on the test strategy, to include design and implementation of test automation framework and test environment design, identifying and defining acceptance criteria for multiple test types including performance testing, and recommending best practice testing tools.
This technical leadership role will work across multiple applications and technologies in collaboration with the agile scrums teams and other key roles within the product team, as well as maintaining a strong partnership with other Flight Test Architects.
Test Management Activities
- Provide consultation on complex testing strategies for the Product
- Design, develop, implement and maintain modifications to test automation architecture and functional, mobile, or performance testing framework
- Lead in definition and implementation of direction on automation techniques and adherence to standards
- Ensure software quality via continuous and iterative testing approach
- Understand and provide oversight on the test infrastructure
- Create, consult and maintain an environment where Test Driven Development behavior is fostered
- Create and validate automated scripts that support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Apply Testing Lifecycle Management principles in the context of a product
- Execute practical application of Agile framework components (user stories, scrum, sprints, etc.).
- Participate in Agile Scrum activities and SAFe Ceremonies (Program Increment Planning, Adapt and Learn, Scrum of Scrums)
- 4+ years of Relational Database Management System (Oracle, SQL, MySQL) SQL and Data Validation.
- 2+ years of experience with Big Data preferred
- 4+ years of Test Automation Development experience with open source and market-leading vended solutions creating functional, regression, or performance tests
- 4+ years of manual & automation testing experience of N-tier applications
- 2+ years of software development experience in Java and/or Python.
- 2+ years of experience with Agile Scrum
- Understanding of Performance Testing preferred
- Functional Test Automation (e.g. Shell Scripting, Selenium)
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Hudson)
- Agile Planning tool (e.g. JIRA)
- Source Code Management Tools (e.g. Git, TFS, RTC)
- Mobile Test Automation (e.g. Perfecto Mobile, Appium)
- IDE (e.g. Eclipse, Visual Studio, Xcode, Android Studio)
- Performance Testing Tools (e.g. Performance Center)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top